PDA

View Full Version : What would you recomend??????

ally b
04-03-10, 21:13
Elo me again.
Feel like i keep telling the same story over an over.I will keep it short(well i will try)Iv been on citalopram for 5 months now,although im able to keep things more under control,i still live everyday wiv anxiety that right now im really not coping with,its begining to do my head in,i just want to be NORMAL(the way i was).the last time i went the docs he wanted to up my does to 40mg,of which i was so scared because i hated the side affects of the meds(i think thats over now).The question i want to ask is................................................ .................................................. .
How do ya know if the meds arnt right?
or......... could it just be they just arnt the right dose for me?
I really am confussed and scared.
Should i try a higher does?
Im going the docs 2morrow.so any advice you give would be great!!
I would rather take advise of the people who know what its like,rather than some1 whos supposed to know(docs).Dont gt me wrong they do do a good job.Butt its much better getting the real story......
Longer than i thought,i could go on for days lol

Cell block H fan
04-03-10, 21:23
What dose are you on now? Gradual increase should be fairly non problematic. Atleast you are on them already. My little brother is on 40mg. Any less & he starts having problems.

ally b
04-03-10, 21:33
Hi, at the min im on 20mg.Do ya think its to much to double it?
Thanks,cell block h fan

onceagain
04-03-10, 22:05
Hi Ally

I've stopped taking Citalopram 40mg ... they made me feel foggy headed, memory was awful and headachey.. also so tired..yawning .. I eventually started taking mine late afternoon a tip from a NMP which meant I slept better at night and kept that level of tiredness down during the day.

They didn't suit me because the above made me feel that I was not really living but in a fog.. but I have to admit once over the side effects at the beginning they did seem to have the best part of my problems under control.

I would say take it slowly.. and remember that a change in dose of 20mg is quite a leap..ask the doctor if you can increase to 30mg to start and see how you get on.. I went straight onto 40mg but I really had hit an all time low... by the time I got help...

The best of luck to you x