PDA

View Full Version : neck lump lymphoma?

bluebirds2005
04-03-10, 22:23
have had a lump on the right side of my neck just under my jaw for a year.I saw 3 different doctors and each one said the same thing "dont panic its just a gland".Well just latley ive been reading about lymphoma and how the most commom symptom is a lump in the neck,well as u can imagine my panic went into overdrive so i went back and saw a fourth doctor who said the same as the last 3.So i explained to him about my fears of lymphoma and wondered if he could send me for a biopsy, but he said theres no need its just a gland. so i just wondered if anyone else has been in the same boat and can advise me on where to go from here as u can imagine im in a right state at the moment many thanx

nomorepanic
04-03-10, 22:26
I have had one for as many years as I can remember to be honest and the doctor is right - it is nothing to worry about at all.

Dee dee
04-03-10, 22:32
me too xx

Maj
04-03-10, 22:35
I had this many years ago and was convinced it was cancer!! I poked and prodded it so much that it became more noticeable. My gp reassured me it was a gland and told me to STOP poking and prodding it!! Please listen to your doctor when they say it's a gland and try not to touch it. Swollen glands in the neck are common for various reasons and very rarely are serious. Please try not to worry.
Myra:hugs:

bluebirds2005
04-03-10, 22:36
thanks guys feel alot calmer now

MOMINPANIC
04-03-10, 23:00
I have the same thing going on right now too, a swollen gland under my jaw and from what I have read on this board, it's a pretty common thing.

Carys
04-03-10, 23:06
ME TOO< ME TOOO !!!!! Mine is on the left hand side under the jaw, just where you describe. It has been like that for over 20 years, since I had a really bad wisdom tooth infection, on that side.

Lauz
05-03-10, 03:36
I find this story funny now, in the height of my anx when it all began I was looking all over my body for odd things that shouldn't be there and was fixated on this lump under my jaw on the left closest to the centre as opposed to over near my ear.
I would probe at it to the point it was so sore, saw one doctor and said there is nothing there etc etc but I could feel this lump. Then my normal doctor that I am seeing now felt it and said that it was a bone haha that if I was a guy it would be called my adams apple!
So what you guys are feeling could also be bone ...