PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member

DerekM
04-03-10, 22:46
Hiya

My name is Derek im 27 years old and suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and have for about a year and a half now after having my first bad attack at work 1 day brought on by stress i think. I found this site as i jst had a bad attack and was looking for techniques to cope with my attacks. i tend to cope well with the anxiety but have been taking propranolol for the last year which seems to help but sometimes i cant stop it and i get really scared i find it hard to cope and left a really good paid job and havent been back to work since as the fear of collaspsing at work stops me i have read alot on this site and found some relly intresting things to help and am glad im not alone as i thought with my illness and hope 1 day ill get a lot btter fingers x

nomorepanic
04-03-10, 22:48
Hi DerekM

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Flossy69
04-03-10, 22:54
Hi Derek, welcome, this site will really help you. You can ask questions and just talk in general. It makes you feel you are not alone and so many people understand what you are going through. I have had panic attacks since a child, but recently they have got so bad I have stopped going out in fear of having one. I am currently on the list for CBT which can be really helpful for anxiety. Good luck on the forums, im sure you will find warmth and reassurance here.

regards, flossy :welcome:

DerekM
04-03-10, 23:24
hi flossy thanx for your reply i will look into cbt thanx for the information:)

Flossy69
04-03-10, 23:25
thats fine Derek, just take care of yourself and hope you get some sleep tonight. CBT is really helpful. Take care

regards flossy :)

kate89
04-03-10, 23:35
:Dhiya derek and:welcome: i suffer from exactly the same as you but its the physical symptoms of the anxiety whats getting to me atm. do you get them?i am also on propranolol 40mg an it does help with the banging heart and shakes.take care and hope you feel yourself again soon

DerekM
04-03-10, 23:46
hiya i dont suffer from the physical afftects and im sorry to hear you do and thanx for your support and i hope you feel better soon too

DerekM
05-03-10, 00:04
does anyone know if smoking makes your anxiety worse as i feel it does but want to know what others think

kate89
05-03-10, 00:12
thanks,i smoke about 20 a day people say it does make it worse but i dont really no from any personal experience i do no for a definete that coffee makes anxiety worse and since i have stopped drinking it i have noticed a difference

Kirsty-Jayne
05-03-10, 03:17
Hey Derek! :welcome: No, i smoke all the time, its no different. Not that i would know what its like not to, i've forgot! Done it for so long now haha :) Hope you have a very successful recovery :D xxx

Vanilla Sky
05-03-10, 11:50
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x