PDA

View Full Version : Website owner?

MadKad
04-03-10, 23:15
Hi

Years back I remember reading an article in the news paper about you and how you set this website up, this is why I registered with this website as I have issues also, I remember reading about how you had managed to overcome your problems and deal with them, I have a number of questions, if you didn’t mind me asking you to see your answers.

The reason for this is that I feel it could help me, as I have been having problems for nearly 5 years and I was getting what I felt fully or on the way to fully better last year, and now I am nearly back to stage one again!

I have just started back on one of the medications, I managed to come off them all last year, I am now really picking at things on this, as I have really had enough in feeling this way, I want to know if I will be able to get %100 better or well back to how I used to be.

Questions:

1) Are you 100% better?
2) How long were you ill for?
3) If you are 100% better, does that mean you never get any problems ever?
4) How did you manage to get to where you are now?
5) I have tried all sorts and they never work, did you try lots of things? If so what worked the best?
6) Did you ever become very well then just go back to the start?
7) Did you take medication? If so what? And do you still?
8) Did stress increase your problems?
9) It was a while since I read the news paper article; could you refresh in breath what your problems were?
10) What kind of food do you eat?

Sorry if any of these questions were strange, I do have reasons for them and I also understand if you don’t want to answer any of them.

If there is anyone else here that has been ill and feels 100% better, please could you also answer these question to try and help me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

nomorepanic
04-03-10, 23:23
Hi there

Thanks for the enquiry - I will reply more tomorrow as it is late now but just wanted to acknowledge that I had seen this post and will reply to you.

MadKad
04-03-10, 23:30
Hi there

Thanks for the enquiry - I will reply more tomorrow as it is late now but just wanted to acknowledge that I had seen this post and will reply to you.

Thank you that's great, and again thank you for your time on this :)

MadKad
07-03-10, 20:35
little bump ;)

nomorepanic
07-03-10, 21:52
Sorry I completely forgot :blush:

I am away for a couple of days so will have to do this when I get back.

Hope that is ok

MadKad
07-03-10, 23:22
of course its OK, have a nice time. :)

MadKad
11-03-10, 10:44
:blush: bump

nomorepanic
16-03-10, 18:41
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!

Questions:

1) Are you 100% better?

I would say about 90% recovered.

2) How long were you ill for?

I started suffering when I was 27 and I am nearly 44 now so a long time!

3) If you are 100% better, does that mean you never get any problems ever?

I mainly get anxiety now more than panic and this is caused when I get stressed and I get the throat swallowing problems etc.

4)How did you manage to get to where you are now?

Sheer determination and hard work to be honest. There is no easy cure and no easy way to get better so you have to work at it each day.

Also I would say never give up work - keep going at it however bad you feel.

I also had CBT a couple of times, saw a counsellor and had to practice at what I wanted to do - e.g. driving was my main issue so I had to keep driving up and down roads until I could see that it wouldn't harm me.

I did the No Panic telephone recovery course twice as well and that was very helpful.

Probably the thing that helped most was setting this site up and being able to talk to like minded people who understood what I was going through.

5) I have tried all sorts and they never work, did you try lots of things? If so what worked the best?

Keep at it and never give up and face the fears. If you hate going in supermarkets for eg then keep trying and each time go a step further. Stay with the fear and realise that it can't harm you.

You need to look at your diet, do some exercise (very important), use relaxation tapes, try CBT and / or counselling, read Claire Weekes books (very good).

6) Did you ever become very well then just go back to the start?

I have what I call blips but I have never gone back to square one. I refuse to go back there again so when I have a bad day or a feel the anxiety creeping up I remember what I need to do to get back on track. The main thing that helps is slow, deep breathing.

7) Did you take medication? If so what? And do you still?

I was put on Dothiepin first and stayed on that for about 6 months and it didn't help. Then I was put on Prozac and was on that for nearly a year before I just stopped taking it one day. It helped with depression but never touched the panic attacks.

I stopped all medication 12 years ago.

8) Did stress increase your problems?

Oh yes very much so and still does today.

9) It was a while since I read the news paper article; could you refresh in breath what your problems were?

The article is here if you want to read it again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-377874/Panic-attacks-took-10-years-life.html

My full story is here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/mystory/

10) What kind of food do you eat?

I am on a very specific diet as I have Crohn's disease so I am not sure my reply will be helpful or relevant as I cannot eat a diet full of fruit/veg and fibre which of course most people should be eating.

I hope that helps somewhat anyway.

Corinne
16-03-10, 19:54
Thank you for sharing, Nicola. You're an inspiration.:)

I've been suffering for 37 years, and like you, never went back to square one -- maybe square five or six, but never square one!:D

You know how they say you should love your kids even more when they are hardest to love? Anxiety fears are like that. You have to move when it's hardest to move.

MadKad
17-03-10, 14:35
Dont worry about the wait, I am very great full for the reply and in detail. thank you again for your time on this. :)

gypsywomen
17-03-10, 14:46
read your story in paper wow you have come a long way good for you ,there is hope for us all your an inspiration

nomorepanic
17-03-10, 18:38
Thanks all for the nice comments.

sunshine-lady
18-03-10, 00:00
WOW!! didn't realise you were famous Nic .. can I have your autograph please :D xxx

nomorepanic
18-03-10, 00:05
LOL Di - this was a long time ago and I was asked to do the article for the Daily Mail.

I got my make-up done and had hundreds of pics taken. I was telling my story if they would let me promote NMP and they did lol.

Thanks for your continued support Di as well