PDA

View Full Version : developing new phobias

bradley
08-01-06, 17:56
hi,

i was wondering if just because you are an anxious person you could start to develop so many phobias that you become housebound.

i am new to this whole anxiety thing and i am just scared that my fear of going crazy (agateophobia) will evolve into so many other things that i will never be able to live my life again.

im only 15 so im thinking that it would be a good thing to get rid of all of this anxiety now before its too late. someone please help.

Brad.

Wannabeloved85
12-01-06, 14:02
Hi bradley,
I am housebound, but my circumstancs are differant to yours. All i can say to not become housebound is carry on gpoing out everyday, doesnt matter where!
I know what it's like to be young and suffer and have no idea how to overcome all this. You did the right thing by coming online and finding a support group! i did no research at all at first and if i had,i proberbly wouldnt be housebound! but theres no need to go through the whole what if's!
I highly recommend you look into meditation,relaxation cd's etc. These are a really good help. Contact your doctor if you already havent and he/she will sort out some help and maybe medication if you want it.
Becci x

Meg
12-01-06, 20:44
Bradley

When you develop limitations it is due to allowing the fear cycle to spiral out of control.

Its great that you recognise it now so you can prevent agoraphobia taking control.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jackie
13-01-06, 22:36
to becci and others dont suffer agraphobia but do suffer phobia about dying of a heart attack and can see the temptation of staying within your 4 walls. have you heard of claire weekes im sure you have but just thought id ask

Meg
13-01-06, 22:43
Hi Jackie

Welcome to the site

Yes Claire Weekes is on our recommended reading list on the research reading home pages

Some Quotes by Claire Weekes - update (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5502)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jackie
13-01-06, 22:52
obviously too big. too many colours and too vivid. must check out your suggested reading any reading tips for my madness?