PDA

View Full Version : Why wont it go away......

turnthelighton
05-03-10, 06:55
I really hate the health anxiety cycle I get myself into, I dont think it will ever leave me. I do so well and then bam.....back into the pit of endless worry etc.

I am now obsessing over my left breast, I was told to keep an eye on from my doctor and the doctor did say dont obsess over it but I can not help it. Checking it every five mins, feeling, comparing to the other breast, looking up on line....al the things I should not do :-(

It is still itching on and off and I feel it is different but when I compare to my right one it is the same...to me it is just not right.

As per my previous post the doctor reckons it is nothing to worry about, the vit e cream does stop the itching for a while but then I start thinking about it and it comes back it also feels that it is a lot larger than the right one but it is not. I am now thinking about it 24/7 and it is making me ill.

Sorry to go on but I just needed to speak about to people that understand. I am so very scared that I have inflamortary breast cancer.

turnthelighton
05-03-10, 19:57
I went back to the doc today and saw another doctor as the doctor I saw before was busy, she did a full examination and could not see any abnormalities with my breast. She did give some cream for the itching. She could see how anxious I was and we had a long talk. My divorce came through this week and she thinks and I know that it is making my anxiety and depression worse. She has told me to try not to obsess about it

sammie23
05-03-10, 22:46
Just remember you havent had anxciety forever so one day it will go. Just keep riding it and take everyday as it comes and just remember if you have a bad day one day and wake the next worrying about the day before, whats the point because you got through it :)