PDA

View Full Version : Really bad agoraphobia

Red_Flare
05-03-10, 08:28
I have housebound with agoraphobia for thirteen years,during that time i have been out of my house roughly ten maybe eleven times.Two of them was when my mother passed away and another time was when i had to post an essay. I think slowly i might be going a little insane :ohmy:after all this time.I'm was wondering if anyone has experienced agoraphobia to this extent? I know it 's kind of a strange question but i am curious.

sb001f8994
05-03-10, 09:06
Hi,
Yes I have been agoraphobic for about 30 years. Ive not been housebound all the time, Im happy to say Ive managed holidays, shopping, trips, family parties etc. I had a phase about seven years ago where I was housebound and we moved, which was a nightmare but I managed it. Then four years ago after a particularly bad time in my marriage I decided enough was enough and although its taken four years Ive gone from sitting in going stir crazy to getting to my local supermarket, the pub and small journeys by car. Im not looking to jet set around the world, just make my life a bit better than it was. Im happier now as I see people on a daily basis, I see a bit of the world away from my own doorstep, yes there IS life beyond the end of my road!
There is a thread on here called 'agoraphobia', you should take a look, we all support each other and we are all trying to get out and live a normal a life as we can. We swap success stories and give each other advice, its inspirational, spurs you on and lifts you when your down.
Hope this has been a little help to you, take care.

Red_Flare
07-03-10, 02:55
Thanks Carol. your reply means a lot and i hope that delicatessens becomes more and more accessible to me but at the same time a lot more boring at the same time:).

Flare

teez
07-03-10, 23:45
hiya red flare your not going insane ,,your just frustrated with yourself,,and most likely very angry too,,i spent 10 years at one point sat at my bedroom window watching life go by,,wishing i could be ,,normal... i never crossed my front doorstep,,the mention would fill me with fear,,i had to go out in the end due to a hospital trip,,i was in so much pain i forgot my fear,,i had major surgery, came out and was normal,,lol,,but seven years on more surgery on my eyes this time drove me back indoors,,but im a fighter,,and im pushing myself out that door,,its not easy,,some days im ok others its like a living hell,,tell me what you can do ,,can you go over your doorstep,,can you go in your garden,,if you need to chat you can pm me im always about ,,well i would be wouldnt i lol,,take care theresa x

belle
08-03-10, 08:57
I'm pretty bad. I've been agoraphobic since 1998 to various degrees, but never to the point of where i can say "I felt normal". Nope. Somedays i can leave the house NEVER ALONE, and others, there is no chance.

I am at the point now where i think i just can't fight it anymore. I'm so fed up of feeling on the verge of panic all the time.