PDA

View Full Version : Please help- participants needed for research study on anxiety

CGeorge
05-03-10, 12:43
Do people with different types of anxiety have different self-perceptions, attitudes towards emotions or early relationships with parents?

We are doing a research study to try and find out if people with different types of anxiety problems differ in terms of how they think about their emotions, their perceptions of themselves and their relationship with their parents when they were a child. We are looking for possible links between these factors, and we are going to compare responses from people with different types of anxiety disorder, as well as with people with no anxiety problems.

We are looking for people with any type of anxiety problem to take part in our research. If you have a diagnosis or believe that you suffer from symptoms of anxiety we would like to hear from you! This may include generalised anxiety, phobias, panic, post-traumatic stress disorder, social phobia, OCD or any other form of anxiety. We are also looking for people who do not have anxiety to take part in the study- please click the link below for more information.

Participants are required to complete an online questionnaire (taking approximately 30 minutes) and some may be contacted for a brief follow-up telephone call with a researcher. All responses will be treated confidentially.

To take part in this study or for further information, please click the following link http://www.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/survey/anxiety/ (http://www.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/survey/anxiety/)

If you have any problems with this link then please copy and paste it in to your internet browser.

The study has been reviewed by the University of Surrey Research Ethics Committee and received full approval (Ref: 346-PSY-09/347-PSY-09).

Contact details:
If you have any questions or would like us to send you a paper version of the questionnaire, please contact Annie Loverseed (A.Loverseed@surrey.ac.uk) or Charlie George (C.Keppel@surrey.ac.uk (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/mailto:C.Keppel@surrey.ac.uk)). Alternatively, leave a message on 01483 689441 and we will get back to you.

Many thanks in advance of your help.

BabyRachel
05-03-10, 14:32
I love doing these, I just wish I could see my results! haha.

I did it and I hope its okay as I'm not from UK.

Probably not a good idea for those with serious family memories and issues though - could be triggering as it asks about how you percieved your family to treat you.

Just a warning thats all. xxxxxxxx

shortstuff
13-03-10, 12:30
The family bit was tricky as I had no main MALE caregiver and my father chose not to stay in contact after my parents' divorce when I was a baby. I sort of had to stick to neutral wherever I could.

Marginalia
19-05-10, 00:05
The family bit was tricky as I had no main MALE caregiver and my father chose not to stay in contact after my parents' divorce when I was a baby. I sort of had to stick to neutral wherever I could.

Yes, it was a major omission not to ask whether mother/father were actually around for the first 16 years. My father was away half the time and left when I was 14, didn't have much to do with me, so it's a bit misleading when I answered that he gave me total freedom on most things ... since he wasn't there to stop me :P

Min

Going home
19-05-10, 00:11
Her name is really Annie Loverseed? How cool is that...i want that name too :D

Anna xxx

Wolfie
19-05-10, 02:02
I think the questions relate well to people who suffer from anxiety, OCD, etc, however, you have completely missed out an extra option in the mother/father questions. Did you consider that people may not have had parents or a parent when a child? Although, despite this, I suppose you could definately write about it in the 'how to improve your experiment' part in your essay. :)

hopers
06-06-10, 20:51
done :)

clairabella
06-06-10, 23:01
just done this...quite interesting....:)