PDA

View Full Version : Metallic taste brain tumour??

sunflower7
05-03-10, 16:03
Hi There,
I am really worried because I keep getting a funny sort of metallic salty taste in my mouth. I am scared as I have had a few headaches recently and also seem to smell funny things sometimes and I know these things can be caused by a brain tumour :weep:. I am going on hoilday in 2 weeks with my Husband to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary and I don't want to spoil it by worrying about my symptoms. I also have ME which doesn't help.

I really am scared about whats wrong with me :weep:

nomorepanic
05-03-10, 16:52
Hi there

This is from the symptoms page on the left:

Lack of appetite or taste, a tinny, metallic or ammonia smell or taste

What you feel:

Sometimes you just don't feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.
You have a persistent 'tinny', 'metallic' or 'ammonia' smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it's not from your food or environment. Often it's just there, but you can't figure out why
What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.
The only remedy for this symptom is rest so that the nervous system can regainits health.

sunflower7
05-03-10, 20:27
Thank You for your help. I haven't lost my appetite and things still taste the same but hopefully thats a good thing!

I don't know why but I ALWAYS think the worst