PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers do they work for you?

cthechick84
05-03-10, 20:12
Hello all just wondered those are u that have been put on beta blockers for fast heart beats when u are anxious etc do they slow ur heart rate down ? I'm only on a 2.5mg an at first fought they we're slowing my heart down but today and yesterday can feel it flutteing in my chest again why is this happening feel upset it shud b workin ?! Do u think its becos I need the dosage sternth upping or what ? Been on them 10 days feel a lil anxious tonight!the beta I have is bisoprolol . So do they work ? For everyone or is ur anxiety so bad it wnt help the fast heart? Sorry so many questions but thanks for readin means a lot c x

sugarpuff
05-03-10, 21:16
hi
i dont have any experience with bisoprolol but i have been on beta blockers at various times started on 10ml propranol to take when i got a panic attack which worked for a while , then panic attacks stopped and i just had constant anxiety and was on 10ml 3 times a day, which didnt help,and was in constant pain because of all the adrenaline and cortisol going through my body and finally i was put on 80mg half beta-prograne sustained release once a day, basically its propranol which is released slowly over a 24hr period which works for me most of the time, the anxiety wont go completely but its managable most of the time, only thing is you get very vivid dreams, i also find when the anxiety gets to much i go out on my bike to push all that adrenaline and cortisol through the system which works quite well sometimes,however tonight i am having a melt down but thats another story. i did have to visit my gp about 3 times before i got something that worked so go back for another visit if you think you need to, hope you start to settle down soon xxx

Jaco45er
05-03-10, 21:19
Hiya Chick

I have used them in the past, as and when needed approach, just to take the edge off anxiety for meetings n stuff.

I kinda didn't mind the "as and when" approach, and they did help :)

Jaco

cthechick84
05-03-10, 21:48
Thanks guys for your replys ,well my tabs are too take first thing in the morning an they r a very low dose so i guess they may need to b stronger to help more, there not the slow realses tabs and i only ave to take them once a day but proberly will need to b highered to get full effect ,lots of love c.xx