PDA

View Full Version : going on friday to see hypnotherapist

tate
22-07-03, 15:15
i'll let you know how i get on. can anyone tell me if this has helped them

Meg
22-07-03, 18:21
It helps you relax and implant positive messages. Enjoy. If you have a specific issue or trigger fast phobia cure can be very powerful.

Let us know how you get on.

nomorepanic
25-07-03, 21:54
You will love it tate - just try to relax and take it all in.

Nicola

tate
01-08-03, 14:40
well i think i've pick the wrong hypnotheripst. went once. was quite good. she then told me it was 50 pound. made another appointment and unfortunatley i had to cancel. she has just rang me then and gone beserk with me for it. dont think i'll go back to her again

nomorepanic
01-08-03, 17:37
Oops that is not good Tate. She should be more understanding if you had to cancel. I guess she is annoyed cos it has cost her £50 but that is no reason to shout at you.

£50 does sound a lot of money to me - I paid about £30 - £35. Are you going to try and find another one?

Nic

Meg
01-08-03, 18:45
Nicola's right.
£ 30 - £35 is defineately the going rate for about an hour. I guess unless it's central London ..[:o)]

tate
02-08-03, 11:26
yes. i think i'll try and find another one. i live in newcastle and thought that 50 pound was a bit extreme. nevermind i'm sure i'll find another one

Shelley
04-08-03, 09:01
I pay £30 a sesh and the lady is lovely - I'm driving again after nearly 2 years off the road and having been going back on the motorway which terrified me - after 2 sessions - got another one tomorrow and if this keeps me a happy person i'm going to have one every two weeks as a maintenance thing.

x

Shell

bishop
04-08-03, 09:54
where did you find out about this,who do you go and see,for this help
well done shelly.

nomorepanic
05-08-03, 08:46
Bishop - I found my hypnotherapist in the yellow pages but there is a posting on here somewhere on how to find a good one. Let me dig it out and tell you where it is.

Nic

nomorepanic
05-08-03, 08:54
Bish - there is a posting under this subject of "Hypnotherapy" on how to find a good one and one that is registered.

Would you be prepared to travel to Luton cos then you could see the woman I see?

Nic

bishop
08-08-03, 18:03
hi nic
please send me a e mail,are they expensive

nomorepanic
08-08-03, 21:19
Hi Bish

Not sure what you want me to email you?

Mine charges £30 - £35 (block bookings are cheaper)

Nic

Shelley
13-08-03, 14:55
Bish

So sorry I didnt respond - I dont always go back and check my last postings - hope you have managed to find one, I got the list of Nic's site - I would say most good therapists will sit with you a while on the first session to find out a little bit about you and see how they can target the problems.

x Shell

Shell

nomorepanic
13-08-03, 19:49
Shell/Bish - my fist hypnotherapy session was 2 hours long. The first hour was spent talking about my problems and getting all the info - this is essential I think! The second hour was the actual Hypnotherapy.

This obviously cost double the price but I think they need to understand all your problems before they can help you.

Nic

bishop
17-08-03, 21:00
hi nic
did you find it helped,and are you still having session
bish

nomorepanic
06-09-03, 18:56
Hi Bish - I missed replying to this one for some reason!

Yes it was very helpful and got me back on a plane again! (not that i fly now)

I am not having any treatment at the moment but am thinking of going back again soon!

Nicola

bishop
07-09-03, 11:09
hi nic
perhaps you should try flying lessons ,it might be quicker than using the roads at the mo,have you ever tried,you could get your pilots licence.lol
bish:D

nomorepanic
07-09-03, 17:49
Bish

It was helpful. I am not currently having sessions but may go back.

Nicola

bishop
17-09-03, 17:09
hi nic
thats good,hope you do well,good luck ,keep well.
bish

sheilaann
10-01-04, 12:52
i had 6 hypno sessions paid £50 each time and althoughi find my self doing some of the technecs he told me im certainly not cured. think i will find another

theresa
10-01-04, 15:01
I paid £50 too but it was a hypnotherapist who only did short-term work. She reckoned 8-12 sessions was all that was needed for most people and she never worked longer than that. It didn't help me very much but my anxiety is genral and unfocused - nothing triggers it, I just feel very anxious and fearful most of the time. Might have worked better for phobias or something more specific. I now know that there are different kinds of hypnotheray and a great mass of different organisations and registers of them - all very confusing! The person I saw was very Freudian and did regression work. There have been some good reports of Ericksonian hypnotherapy which I think is closely linked to NLP.

Theresa

nomorepanic
10-01-04, 15:47
Wow - £50 sounds a lot to me! What area are you in?

Nicola

swiftler
12-01-04, 01:18
flippin eck...i pay 20 each

Buby
12-01-04, 01:43
i usually pay £40 but the last one i saw was free because of my age.

theresa
12-01-04, 20:23
I'm in North Hertfordshire - I think the person I saw charged more 'cos it was short-term work which somehow equates to paying more. If I'd paid for the 12 sessions up-front I would've been chargd for 8. The latest 'No Panic' newletter had a letter from someone who paid around £300 for 4 sessions of Ericksonian hypnosis which apparently cured her of blushing. However I know of an Ericksonian therpaist near me who charges £35. It seems to depend on your problem I think.

Theresa

nomorepanic
12-01-04, 21:41
Thanks for the info Theresa

My hypnotherapist charges a flat fee regardless of what condition you go to see her for. She is in Luton if that helps anyone.

Wow - I just checked her latest prices and she charges £50 an hour too. That is one hell of an inflation rate. It was £35 when I last went about 2 years ago!! If you got for 10 sessions then it is £35 a session but I guess that is payable upfront so quite a lot to fork out!

Don't these people cash in on our illnesses.

Nicola