PDA

View Full Version : sick as a parrot.

benoo5
11-02-04, 00:07
my working day,starts by the alarm going off at 4.50am..then its very regimental..up two three,socks on,up two three boxers on etc..kettle on..bung bread in toaster....head under cold tap...slurp coffee,burning mouth..get dressed using one hand,other hand stuffing toast down throat...out of door,with second piece of toast in hand,eating as i wobble down to station.

yesterday,was different...i wasent hungry,not like me..tummy didnt feel right,always a bad sign..but it was hi ho,hi ho..its off to work,i go...break time,was busy shift,so just got ten mins...eat half a shrimp sandwich...thought it must be due to watching..IME A CELEBRITY,the nite before.

shift over,and get into train,and it started...flashing in my eyes..been there before,but always at home,never outside,so this was new to me..no point in closing my eyes,just makes it worse..looked at man opposite,and started talking about weather,but typical londoner,he wasent in the mood to talk to a stranger,specially one,who wasent wearing a mini skirt.

got home,took shoes off..laid on bed,closed eyes,and concentrated on my breathing,whilst massaging my forehead,and then the usual happened..my tummy started rumbling..that really pxxxed me off,cos once that happens,the rest of the body joins in.

ive always been of the oppinion,that if your tummy is upset,then it affects the whole being..a healthy tummy,is a healthy body.

ive always thought of the tummy,as being the control room,look after it,and it will look after you,after all,wot do you mean by being anxious?..butterflies in the tummy!and worse,those sick feelings generate from the same area..so perhaps we have to learn how to treat our tummies better!

if your still wondering,i had a really bad migraine..a little better today..will be gone completely tomorrow!...best wishes..bryan.

stimpy
11-02-04, 09:55
Migraine headaches. Don't you just hate them.

I hope you are feeling a little better today Bryan

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Lottie32
11-02-04, 10:09
Bryan

I do hope your feeling better today matey! Poor you, and you managed work as well.

You are so right about the tum. When mine is off (which is often, suffering from IBS), it makes all of me feel terrible.

I try and treat it nice, with probiotics, and easily digestible foods, plenty of fresh veg and fruit etc, but it doesn't seem to appreciate the care I give it! Trust me to have a rebellious tum.

You be careful at work today, and try and take it easy.

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

benoo5
11-02-04, 18:55
thanx both,

its still not gone completely,but it usually takes a few days for the tummy to settle...had no appetite last nite,so i thought,be naughty,who cares,wot do you really fancy...so i went and got spare ribs..eat them,which was a good sign..but later on,i brought them up again..that will teach me lol.

been to work,just hoping tomorrow is a better day.

best wishes..bryan.

sadie
11-02-04, 20:43
Hi Bryan,

I can toatlly sympathise with you on the 'migraine' thing!! I have only ever been sick once with a migraine but I always usually feel really sick when I get one.

I too have had a migraine over the last few days...nothing like yours though. I have the whole headache behind my right eye, dizzy, flashing lights, nausea and funny taste in my mouth!!!!..Mines seems a bit better now..hope your feeling a wee bit better and have managed to have something good to eat...why dont you have your favourite..frey bentos pie, chips and peas????

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
11-02-04, 22:57
Bry

Sorry to hear that mate. Who looks after the doctors and paramedics when they are ill huh?

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

xx

Nicola

uryjm
14-02-04, 10:04
I'd agree with you Brian, that if my stomach is off then my mind is not far behind. A bad feeling in the gut is one of those almost primodial (if that's the right word, you know, "caveman") feelings. I once read that as kids, even before we can talk and make our feelings known, we can only exert control through our bowels and gut, in our nappies and on our bibs! And that's where the battle for control with our parents, carers and society begins. In the bowels.

Jim

benoo5
14-02-04, 15:17
thanx everyone,

fighting fit now!..ime going to do some research,into the whole tummy area,sure there must be secrets hidden there!

only get migrains every year or two,so ime lucky...but this has brought home to me,just how much charlie must suffer,and yet she still comes on here supporting others,and cheering us up...thanks charlie!

best wishes..bryan.