PDA

View Full Version : Food from a place thats new to me; now I'm worried.

AceFrehley
06-03-10, 01:28
Lately my anxiety about being sick has been preety low, maybe cos the sun has been out and I felt really good about myself, going on runs, walks etc.

I've crashed.

Tonight I went to a new take away with a friend, I got a burger, took it home it looked cooked, blacky/brown, usual colour of a burger! Anyway, I opened it up (Like I do with most food) it looked a bit pinky red (Likely from the tomato sauce), but cut up it was pure brown. I've been constantly thinking about it since, and even though I have no stomach ache or anything like that, I convinced myself I'm ill. My stomach feels a bit weird, but I never usually eat this kind of food (As I always feel like this!).

I feel really stupid cos I've been doing really well and now I'm most likely overreacting :weep: anyone else get like this with takeaway food/going places for food? I never usually have takeaway, starting to wish I hadnt now.

Gabz
06-03-10, 01:33
I do but not so much thinking it aint cooked. With me I usually eat the food, then worry aferward about having a reaction to it =\!

we are just worriers, your going to be fine xD!
dont let that anxiety get the better of you!!

:hugs:

AceFrehley
07-03-10, 22:45
Thanks! I was fine :)

Went food shopping yesterday and got a yoghurt pot, ate it (made a mess with it and licked the side lol ) soon after, I noticed that side of the pot was covered in black dirt, and to think I probably put my mouth on it - ew! I know deep down I'll be ok, just grr. I wish I wasnt such a hand washing germophobe!

Cell block H fan
08-03-10, 08:21
I used to be terrible for this, I avoided eating out anywhere, even my own mums! (she's not the best cook in the world)
Ive recently learnt that you can eat meat pink & its fine. That chef on This morning was on about it. although he was talking about pork. But I always thought that was one of the worst!
These days I have chilled a bit, although I will still only have steak when in a restaurant, its ok if you eat that raw afterall! I would NEVER have chicken. I dont even make roast dinners myself because I am not a good enough cook to know when its ready. Everything I do 'cook' is cremated!
Things got better as I got older to be honest. I dont think there is a cure x

smudger
08-03-10, 09:19
Undercooked chicken is very dangerous, you must never eat it red/pink.

AceFrehley I suffer when I eat takeaways. I just think your stomache gets used to the way you cook, the amount of fat you use, salt n pepper etc. Just bear this in mind when you eat out. Accept that your tummy may be a bit off but you will get back to normal pretty quick.