PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

superfran23
09-01-06, 00:10
i moved back to uni today, and i just had an attack, i knew one was coming on.
i knew coming back here would be hard and lonely, how do i break this cycle?

Sue K with 5
09-01-06, 01:18
Hi

Sometimes you need to change the usual routine in order to break cycles of panic and anxiety. Sounds hard but actually changing your routine gives you a differant perspective on the whole situation.

Try breathing exercises before you get out of bed in the morning and maybe a brief walk before you hit classes. I too was at uni and had a massive attack in the middle of a lecture one day. this was years back, but I remember for days feeling crappy afterwards but I went back to that room two days later and moved seats for about a week. Once I managed to deal with that I then went back to the same place I had been sitting in and was fine.

Remember deep breaths

Take care sue with 5

scknight

3faces
09-01-06, 09:25
Hi there

In your message you said 'I knew coming back here would be hard and lonely'..... you've probably been feeding your brain negative messages all the time you've been waiting to go back to uni. You've been telling yourself you're going to panic and not cope. It's no surprise you had an attack:(

If we could change those messages into positives and tell ourselves we are going to cope with whatever gets thrown our way. It's not easy to do because we have been giving ourselves negative messages for a long time (that's why we're all here on this forum!!) I'm doing exactly the same things myself and have lost yet another job this week. The one good thing to come out of it, is that I've at long last booked up therapy to try and change the way I think about things.

If you tell yourself your body is weak, you will feel weak. If you tell your brain you are not going to cope, you will not cope. It takes a lot of inner strength to change things but everyone of us on here has got the power to do it.

Take care, keep strong!![8D]

Jem xxx