PDA

View Full Version : does any1 else feel this way?

girl92
06-03-10, 16:52
when people find out that iv got depression and anxiety i get really embarresed! the other day my friend was feeling down and she said
"i need to sort myself out because i dont want to end up like you!"
that really hurt my feelings.....so i was just wondering if anyone else feels uncomfortable or embarresed about telling people about anxiety/depression?

Redrainbow
06-03-10, 17:08
Hi girl92,
Sometimes people speak without thinking,,they don't mean anything by it, it's just a case of mouth first, brain later. It is easy to get hurt when you are suffering depression and anxiety,,,but,,,all the others i have met on here with depression and anxiety are the nicest people you would ever meet in the world. So no-one on here will say anything silly of hurtfull to you.
Your friend didn't mean anyhting by it i'm sure,,,so don't take to much from it,,,
Regards Redrainbow.

hallam11
06-03-10, 23:47
Oh Im sorry girl92,

Sadly I have had many comments of this nature aimed at me and like yourself I felt very upset. I do agree with Redrainbow that she probably did not realise or mean what she'd said.Doesn't make it any easier does it? The only thing I suggest you do is talk about it with someone you trust not to say something like that and perhaps speak to that friend and tell them that what they'd said had hurt your feelings.Perhaps they could explain what they meant. I have to say sometimes people are so stupid and really need to think about what they say but don't we all.Keep your chin up nand remember there are many of us out there that do understand and will support!

Take care xxx

NotResponding
07-03-10, 17:42
i was nervous when someone was around mine, after them staying for 2 months, we were talkin a bit, he was trying to do the blokey banter thing which i dont do, he said somthin like "you can give that ashtray to [name]" and i said "oh its alright she's got one" and he just looked at me, squinted his eyes and said "nooooooo" as in, no you dont do it like that. and i was nervous at the time, and i just felt embarresed and inept. i hate it when people point out that your anxious, especially by saying "he's a bit sh*t isnt he?" very insensitive...and sumtimes just to make them look better...
ykno if someone says that to you, you should say "well f*ck you too" and walk away, but with anxiety problems that never happens, perhaps someone without an anxiety problem would say that back, but then the friend wouldnt say that woul they...im getting knotted up here! lol
yes ive told my family, but one of them gets drunk and talks very loudly about it to me, and i hate that cuz people outside might hear!
have a nice day :)