PDA

View Full Version : Help having a panic attack

Mondie
06-03-10, 22:40
I have a pain above my left elbow, it's kind of a burning feeling...have a PA because I think i'm having/about to have a heart attack. I'm home alone tonight as my boyfriend is away over night and what happens if I have a heart attack and I'm on my own?

I have been having problems with pain in my left shoulder/blade for months now, what if I have heart problems...

Someone please help...

:weep:

Dee dee
06-03-10, 22:41
Is there anyone you can phone, a friend or a family member maybe?? xx

Mondie
06-03-10, 22:45
Not at this time of night, but thanks...

andrea thompson
06-03-10, 23:00
hi hon
i worry about every pain i get. i get a strange feeling it fills me with fear. i just tell myself its panic again, try to accept the feelings, dont fight them, i always have a hot cup of tea or honey and lemon with a little sugar, 2 paracetemol and then run myself a hot bubble bath. by the time i have done those little tasks my anxiety is fading and i can then focus enough to distract myself. i always write my feelings down aswell. then i dont have to keep going over and over them in my head.

you will be fine hon, its awful but it will pass.

andrea x x

jude uk
07-03-10, 00:00
Having the problem for months would suggest that you are going to be okay. We all know how the mind works when we have panic anxiety issues. My sore head is a brain tumor. The pain in my throat is cancer......we allow our imaginations to run wild.....Can I suggest you pop into the chat room just to keep your mind focused on other things and I am sure get a bit of support.

I know exactly how you feel and I could tell you, you will be fine but I know the fear that you are going through. allow your breathing to become slow and gentle and just focus on other things

Mikke
07-03-10, 00:53
Hi there Mondi.

I'm sorry to hear you are upset - but you are simply having some panic, and that's not at all harmfull.

You are female, and if you in addition to that are below the age of 60, the chance of you having a heartattack is so extremely low that no statistics in the world would suppose you are experiencing a heart attck.

And if you by a one in a quadrillions chance should have a heart attack, it is very rare that it is so fatal you couldn't call emergency services and be helped out.

Serious, fatal heart attacks are not common in normally healthy adults, especially not females - it is something that tend to hurt us when we are very old and in poor shape.

Take care :)

bellabessnjet
07-03-10, 01:44
Hi,
Deep breaths, think of sunshune and light, beaches soft and gentle, warmth wrapping around you, feeling safe and comfortable. Breathe deep take it all in, soft and soothing. safe and comforting, chill out feel safe, take time and you will get there. All the best Angela.

Mondie
07-03-10, 09:32
Thanks for all your help guys, managed to pass out eventually and feel a bit better this morning.

Thanks again x