PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried EFT????

sarahdd
07-03-10, 12:27
i tried using the search engine on here to try and find out about EFT but it says 'no matches'
so just wondered if anyone out there has had it? does it help, as ive got a session booked in on the 19th march and hoping it will help but also dont have money to waste if its a load of non-sense but willing to ty anything at the mo'
please id love to hear your views good or bad!!!!!

thanks xxxx

yorkylover
07-03-10, 19:35
I tried 1 session as it was free,I found it very relaxing.I couldn't afford to carry it on but I wish I could have.:yesyes:

smudger
07-03-10, 21:41
Is this 'emotional freedom technigue' coz I just had to google EFT, never heard of it! In essence, for those like me who don't know about it, EFT is an emotional version of acupuncture wherein people stimulate certain meridian points by tapping on them with their fingertips.

Hope it works for you. Please let us know. xx

sarahdd
07-03-10, 21:45
thanks for that, i'll let you know how it goes!!:)

Purple Fish
08-03-10, 20:25
I had TFT a few weeks ago which is Though Field Therapy. It was really good and I only had one session!

I`m now tapering off my meds, haven`t felt better!

TFT involves a `tapping` technique on different points of the body and a lot of repetitive words.

Tanya xx

AJS
08-03-10, 22:10
hi

my boss has sent me some info on eft - and my counselor has recommended it.

I'm going to have a read through the info first and if it seems any good will try the eft (luckily for me counselling and eft etc is free in my area run by a local group who set up as a charity to help people with any mental health issues - it is really popular and has grown in the past ten years - they even run free yoga classes, nmassage, relaxation)

carldourish
08-03-10, 22:50
Hi, May I suggest you visit www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com) you will find vast information there. However Gary Craig as now retired from the EFT World. He his the wonderful man that brought EFT to us all. He trained under Roger Callahan the man that discovered TFT. Only true difference is that EFT taps on the same points for all issues, while TFT taps on different points. So EFT is easy to use, once you know the basic tapping points.

I have a few video's on my site at www.eft-matrix.net (http://www.eft-matrix.net) In the past I have given talks on EFT on this great site.

Take care

Carl

sarahdd
10-03-10, 21:48
thanks for your input guys! youre very lucky AJS that you have things like that free in your area! i am paying for mine which is why i wondered what people thought, but going on here it sounds positive and im having my 1st session on 12th xxx

AJS
11-03-10, 21:43
Hey Sarah - let me know how you get on. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :)

dazedandconfused
24-03-10, 14:20
I have been using EFT for a couple of years and been seeing a practitioner for about one of those. I am a big fan and it has helped reduce my anxiety levels enormously. Don't necessarily expect immediate results, i have had to persevere but i have had an anxiety disorder for twenty years so i have alot of stuff to deal with. It helps you deal with emotional traumas in the past and also i have found it invaluable for dealing with my anxiety for future events and situations.
I would thoroughly recommend anyone try it, although the therapy has cost quite alot of money it has been worth every penny as my quality of life is so much better. It has given me a tool to help me manage my anxiety so it is at a level i can live with.

dazedandconfused

mick_uk
24-03-10, 19:10
There's a neat little pocket book on EFT to keep on you. It's only a couple of quid from amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EFT-Your-Pocket-Tapping-Emotional/dp/0954922220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269457160&sr=8-1

Nobbymyles
29-03-10, 13:56
I tried some EFT last week, very strange. I felt a little bit embarased talking about some funny vissual things. I'm not sure that the first session has helped at all. I have another session booked for next week and will let you know how i get on. It maybe that i'm not very comfotable with the therapist, to be honest and he seems to be a very nervous person concerned onlt about his expensive payment. I find my councelling and massage the best way of dealing with my GAD and BFS. Although this works out to be v. expensive, but i guess we are all seeking a cure and so my theory is whatever helps keep at it!

mick_uk
30-03-10, 10:40
I would like to add a caution regarding EFT.
A baby newt is called an EFT and it is not advisable to treat any kind of illness with this animal. I know because I tried it and it doesn't work.

Ronny
30-03-10, 10:46
Hahaha!...........Your are funny Mick:D

carldourish
01-04-10, 21:27
I have a free hour next week. So if you have skype, webcam and mic I would be willing to teach more advanced techniques. Just message me.

Carl

P.S. No charge, Just enjoy pushing this simple technique

Tish
11-08-10, 08:44
I went for my first 'tapping' session last week to see if it would help with my social anxiety/agorophobia. I was lucky to have a lovely spiritual lady teach me the technique. It is simple to learn and I felt I only needed one session which cost £40. I feel it was well worth the money, I feel more relaxed and calmer overall but haven't plucked up the courage to go out on my own yet! It only takes a few minutes of your time to do before you have to face a situation which might be stressfull to you. If anxiety overtakes you in public and it's not convenient to tap (it would look rather silly!) then there is a certain pressure point on your hand to tap discreetly. If I make improvements in my condition thanks to the tapping, then I'll keep you posted :yesyes:

trooper
27-08-10, 11:20
You may have read in my previous posts, I take a dim view on all of these alternatives therapies. I think you'd be better to take that money and put it towards proper therapy to get to the bottom of the cause and not deal with the symptoms.

heavenly
27-08-10, 11:58
I started seeing a Counsellor a couple of weeks ago, had 2 sessions with her so far, they have been great. She did show me an EFT technique last week, as I have had some really bad panic attacks recently. I have used it a couple of times over the past few days and I find it very helpful.

trooper
27-08-10, 12:17
If something works, keep doing it! :)

EasyEFT
20-09-10, 08:42
Hi guys,

Years ago I was suffering with depression and a friend introduced me to EFT. It completely turned my life around. I no longer have any emotional woes at all.

I loved it so much I took a course and am now qualified to help others with EFT. It works on a whole range of issues and I think it will take off in a big way soon.

If you would like some tips feel free to ask here or send me a PM, I really want to help others with this AMAZING technique!

Graeme