PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline/Butterflies

peter34uk
07-03-10, 14:13
Ive had a serious amount of adranaline in my stomach since yesterday afternoon.

Hardly slept because of it. Checking my pulse its between 74 & 80 odd when usually its between 67 & 72.

It actually makes me feel slightly sick.

Anyone else have this?

moomintroll
07-03-10, 19:03
Ive had a serious amount of adranaline in my stomach since yesterday afternoon.

Hardly slept because of it. Checking my pulse its between 74 & 80 odd when usually its between 67 & 72.

It actually makes me feel slightly sick.

Anyone else have this?

i get a feeling like butterflies sometimes when i am anxious, not sure if its the same as what you are feeling, my adrenaline goes up and i feel like something horrible is going to happen, i have been told that anxiety can do this, i had it described to me as your body deciding if its going to run away or fight, hope that helps

:hugs:

onceagain
07-03-10, 22:53
Hi

It really does sound like that adrenaline rush is the flight or fight ... It is one of my first symptoms .... butterflies knots in the stomach... increased heart rate... it is your body preparing to protect itself ...

Mine could and can sometimes come on from no where or thats what I thought but apparently it is a thought process that we have that we have missed that thought that brings it on and then make it worse because we don't understand why we are feeling it... I've had it all day to be honest...

Try to breathe deeply and if you need to get up and move then do that..but try to keep your mind and self occupied with something..it doesn't take the whole feeling away but try to stay calm... it is a horrible feeling... did exactly the same thing today checked my pulse and mine is up to... try to imagine that adrenaline and concentrate on bringing it down... stay calm and remember that it is a normal body function but its just not needed at the moment..

Hope you manage some sleep tonight x

blackberry1972
08-03-10, 14:27
I still get this and I’ve been suffering for 7 months.
Before I started suffering with Anxiety I had a gym assessment and my resting pulse rate was taken and it was 61.
For the last 7 months I have tried to get fit and have improved my running considerably so I was very shocked to note that when I had a reassessment last month my resting pulse had gone up to 72.
This is the anxiety, even if I’m not feeling it. My gym instructor was left scratching his head so I quickly said that I had been drinking coffee (which was a lie as I don’t drink coffee) but I didn’t want to try and explain to him what I was going through.

moomintroll
09-03-10, 01:52
i have had the feeling all day and been trying everything to take my mind off it

Zee
09-03-10, 21:25
I get that too One thought escalates and I get the adrenalin rush to my stomach. This usually ends up with feeling hot, and sometimes woozy.

peter34uk
09-03-10, 22:45
well its subsided last couple days a bit but tonight my stonach feels like its in one big knott.

Stress?