PDA

View Full Version : A new start

JS
07-03-10, 14:59
I have recently been diagnosed with an anxiety/depression disorder that i have known about, but not acted on, for 3 years. Admitting to having a disorder was hard. I was embarrassed and ashamed because its 'just not normal'. Having read peoples experiences i know that this is common and that with help and determination i can only get better. Now my fiance and closest relatives know i dont feel alone anymore and am looking forward to the day i can say im fully recovered. Anybody who has an addiction or disorder that they are hiding must speak to somebody. :flowers:

diane07
07-03-10, 15:06
Hi JS

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

JT69
07-03-10, 17:31
Hi JS, Suffering with depression/anxiety is nothing to be embarrassed about. You have made the right decision by telling those close to you that you suffer, and also joining this forum. I dont know what I would of done these past few weeks without the help, support and kindness you get from people who know how you feel and what you are going through. There is still such a "stigma" around mental health issues and it absolutely makes me so angry...only those who have or are suffering know what it feels like and "those others" that make comments etc should be taught a lesson. Sorry for the rant...welcome..you will get lots of support here. I have suffered with depression/anxiety for the past 12 years and with the help of those loving people around me and medication am able to live a normal life. Good luck on your journey. JO.

smudger
07-03-10, 18:51
:welcome::welcome:

If you broke a leg you would fix it, why not the brain? Be proud that you are taking steps to feel better. This is a gr8 forum and like Jo wrote, you will get support and advice from like minded people on here. :yesyes:

Patty
09-03-10, 00:12
Hi JS

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs: