PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning?

looking4answers
07-03-10, 15:17
I haven't been feeling well and think that I have had a head cold for a couple of weeks because my eyes have been feeling really weird with movement etc..

I have been going in and out of the cold.. I had a bad tooth and took antibiotics for awhile with it.. then it got better.. still felt weird with my eyes..

The other night we had some subway sandwiches and had some left over the next day ..We ate that night and the next day and that night I got really sick .I threw up about five times and had a 100.1 fever and my normal temp is 96.4 and my heart rate was at least 105 for hours. .My eyes are very sensitive to light and motion.. I took a antiaxiety med and also asprin and my heart rate didn't go down.Finally I took a beta blocker and it went down to about 95.. finally.

Im not sure the heart rate was from anxiety or the sickness. They say the stomach virus or flu can cause your heart rate to go up and stay that way but all my years my heart rate has never been that fast with an illness.

The night before I had no temp and my heart rate was 65 and that night I had 100.1 and heart rate 105 no matter what I did it was fast..then last night I didn't feel as bad.. but still kept sleeping and felt as though I was passing in and out of consciousness .Although my heart rate is back to around normal and my temp is about normal. Im still feeling a little icky in my stomach especially when eating something..

Was this food poison or maybe just a flu or maybe a bug? Im a little worried about it ,.I think I read somewhere that these maybe heart attack symptoms.. Im really worried and it could just be that we have been eating out too much.. lately..we usually eat at home and maybe we just aren't used to it .. I don't know what it was but im really worried..

*D*
07-03-10, 16:24
Hello,
Sorry you are not feeling well, It sounds like you have a virus, There would be no doubt in your mind if you had food poisoning, it is horrid, I hate to be grafic, but you could not get off the toliet, it will be coming out both ends. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I had to have 4 IV's I was so dehydrated, I see you are from the US. there is that Noro virus going around, I am on the east coast and in my state it is rampid, they are disinfecting the schools, I am sure thats all it was, and as far as your heart rate, it went up due to your anxienty, the more you concentrate on it the more it will remain high. Try to distract yourself.
Hope you feel better soon

D

looking4answers
07-03-10, 16:53
You could possibly be right.. I have several of the symptoms and well..we have eaten some shell fish lately and salad items..It says this sometimes causes the exposure...The time of exposure to time of sickness is about correct too.. but we really aren't in a heavily populated area ..we are in a remote area that there aren't too many people..

We usually don't have the illnesses that most larger cites have or we don't get that many cases ..So I really don't know what to think..Thanks though for your bringing this up..Michael