PDA

View Full Version : New & need symptom help!

shanlynn1012
07-03-10, 19:34
Hi
I am 100% sure I have health anxiety, prob my whole life but went out of control during my second pregnancy I got one thing after the next, lumps, tingles, moles etc etc. So after the birth of my son it is no suprise I went real nutty with in a month I had 2 MRIs, 2 CT scans and just felt awful. I then suffered months of derealization & thinking something was really really wrong with me. I have a huge fear of MS (my mom has it). Finally i went to therapy & started Zoloft have been doing great. My Dr & therapist say I can off Zoloft when I want ( i am on 25mg). Then all of a sudden weird health issues arise and off the deep end I go again.
My symptom now is burning sensation, it is in my feet or my legs, today in my back and stomach. I drove 2 hours int he pouring rain to my neuro to tell him I had MS. He told em to up my Zoloft. My dr gave me all my blood tests and everything came back normal. So after days on end of googling I found this site and it helps me believe this burning is anxiety. But I am just not sure, and if it is what the heck can I do to stop it. It iconsumes my mind.
I do want to mention this all started up the week we put our home back on the market (for a lot less then we owe), and me & my firend started our own business.
Sorry this is so long I just wanted to give some background info.
Thanks
Shannon

gtrgrl3369
07-03-10, 20:01
Anxiety loves stress and feeds off of it and the more stressed you get the more symptoms pop up. Your biggest fear is MS so the anxiety is playing on the thing you fear the most. You have already had all of the tests done so you "know" you dont have it but are playing the "what if" game. I have been there. What if they missed something..they didnt. You are under a lot of stress right now and have to find something occupy your mind when these symptoms pop up. It is a lot of hars work but this can be beaten. Take care and when the feeling hits again try doing anything that occupies the mind so it can focus on something else.

Purple Fish
07-03-10, 20:10
Hey,

You have been through some hard times but things will get better!

As soon as something `big` happens like selling your house etc, it really tests the anxiety! Speak to a doctor if you`re feeling as if you can`t cope, they are there to help.

Also have a good rant on here whenever you like, it really helps!

Tanya xx

Panickypants
07-03-10, 20:57
Hope your feeling a little better this site does help a lot, it helps to know other people have your symptoms too i'm sure it's just anxiety playing tricks on you like the other person said it plays on what you fear most so it gives you all the symptoms, mine is my heart i fear my heart is going to stop and have no end of palpitations x x

Vanilla Sky
07-03-10, 21:09
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

shanlynn1012
08-03-10, 01:13
I have had one symptom after another they tend to be chronic but eventually go away. I had atypical facial pain for like a yr spent almost 10k trying to fix it and find a cure so many horus of google and nothing. Same thing with this burnign I can not get it out of my mind, i swear I think about it & it starts everyday. Thanks for all the input it is noce to know I am not alone.

j2
08-03-10, 04:24
I am glad you found us. You are among friends here. Your symptoms are anxiety. Your stress is silently punishing your nervous system and like others have said, you will get through this. I am always amazed at how rational I can be with others but how crazy I am when thinking of my own symptoms. I trully hope you feel better soon and please don't hesitate to post as we won't judge and we will understand. Take care.

shanlynn1012
08-03-10, 13:40
J2 I agree I can easily tell someone else it is anxiety but can not get it to pass on my own. Sometimes I feel like it is worse when i am sitting. O need to figure out how to end this. I am assuming I need to stop thinking about it. Easier said then done.

springblossom
08-03-10, 14:01
Welcome. It's a hard journey, but at least you have company on the way ;)

Sunkid
08-03-10, 14:05
Hi there

My first panic attack hit me the night before starting my own business. I also had the tingling in the chest, back, arms and face. It has resulted in my health anxiety. Take courage, if the tests are negative then there is nothing wrong with you. Anxiety symptoms are real, but from my experience and that of others, they are harmless. Good luck

shanlynn1012
08-03-10, 20:59
Of course all this happnes when my therapist is out on maternity leave till the end of August! I am so glad I found this site with other people having the same experience.