PDA

View Full Version : no more leaky holes in yr brain

direction
08-03-10, 01:39
hello, greetings, etc. it's been a long time since i've made an intro post on a forum; i hope this isn't completely irrelevant.
i'm a 20 year old university student from the UK. i've recently been put on medication for depression & anxiety & am about to begin counselling (again) for this problem. however, on the side i also experience bouts of self-abuse, drug abuse (valium & alcohol at the moment) & agoraphobia (i was a recluse for two years save sometimes attending high school).
i've joined this forum because i think some anonymous help from those who may experience the same things may not only help me better myself & challenge my demons, but also help me not fear the idea of belonging truly to a community of people - that this is not going to hurt me in any way. of course, i also want to offer any help & experience i may embody to those who need it.
so. nice to meet you all (:

diane07
08-03-10, 01:49
Hi direction

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eeyorelover
08-03-10, 01:51
Welcome to the site :)
The help pages on the left have a lot of great info if you feel like doing some reading.
I'm sure you will find lots of helpful info and loads of supportive new friends here.
xxx
Sandy

smudger
08-03-10, 09:36
Hi and :welcome: This forum is gr8. I'm sure you will find it a gr8 help.xx

Patty
09-03-10, 00:24
Hi direction

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs:

unspoken
09-03-10, 02:00
Hi, it sounds like you've got a lot going on. Definitely this is a good place to be to anonymously share your experiences and seek advice.

direction
09-03-10, 12:02
thanks all for the warm welcome (: means a lot