PDA

View Full Version : Left breast ... chest area :(

Lauz
08-03-10, 08:48
I have had this feeling for a week n a bit now, not quite sure what to think of it so just want to thrash it out here and have some feedback to help put my mind at rest.

Have been doing great, actually really great but you know how the brain works always finds something else to fixate on! At the moment I am trying to differentiate b/w what is real and what my brain is fixating on and making me think/feel.

So, my left breast, around it really, on the side and up the top of it and sometimes underneath I get an ache, sometimes it can be just a second sometimes it can last a little longer. It can come sometimes more in the day or less ... but never the less it scares me.
I have felt around there, probably too much as I am a little tender and there doesn't seem to be any lump or anything.
What I do have is a bad neck & shoulder and I have an ache in the shoulder blade area, could this be causing the pain I am feeling in my chest??

I am also becoming a bit more anxious the last week, on Friday at work I had a little episode where my chest became really tight and I was off balance etc, which I handled really well, I didnt let it scare me and it passed. This has now happened a further 2 times over the weekend.

I am at a loss right now, I am quite afraid of the chest feelings I have been having and even more so of falling back into the trap of having panic attacks constantly like I was having a few months back. I feel like I have come so far yet am so close to being back where I started and I just need some help on keeping me on the right path befor I loose it completely!!

Thanks for listening.

tinycritter
08-03-10, 10:59
Hi Lauz, I also regularly have strange, kind of transient breast aches and pains - which I make worse by constantly prodding and feeling for things that aren't there because I panic! The chest-tightness sounds like classic anxiety to me, I have the exact same thing from the way you describe it, and having a bad neck and shoulder wouldn't help as it probably means you are tensing muscles around that whole area. Please try not to worry. :)

poppy1
08-03-10, 11:02
i get a sore breast too and the doc told me that its coming from my chest wall due to anxiety and tension x

Lauz
08-03-10, 11:22
Thanks guys!! It is awful that you feel the same at times but reassuring at the same time.
I know it is my anx etc, just sometimes it is hard to accept that as the reason.
I would just like it to go away :(

serendipity
08-03-10, 12:28
I always get left chest/breast pain. Sometimes it can be like a nagging toothache. I am always prodding and poking the area. I am very tender there at all time, but still cannot accept its anxiety. I am petrified its my heart every time it happens.

Its always on the left too, something that bugs me. Then I get weird sensations like something is growing inside my chest.

My doctors never seem to be concerned, but it doesn't make me feel any better. :shrug:
Seren

Lauz
08-03-10, 22:44
I am constantly thinking about it today, so much so that the ache in my shoulder blade I think is a bit more intense.

I am scared that there is something going on in there, to be honest I don't even know what I think it is but I just cant accept the fact that it is anx or a muscle problem even though they seem like the most rational explanation.

I just want to cry today.
I am at the point where I am just over it all. I don't understand why this has to keep happening to me, to all of us in fact.

pussy cat
08-03-10, 23:40
oh dear lauz-the feeling is horrible isn,t it.all i can tell you is that i have had similar feelings in & around the breast-with at times like a toothachy feeling in my shoulder blade-sometimes it,s lasted minits,sometimes days-the only difference is i never had a feel around for lumps etc as i was frightened at what i would find !-however once i stopped thinking about it(usually because i had a pain somewhere else so my mind then started to focus on another possible ailment) the feeling in my breast dissapears & i,m still here years down the line ! the mind as you know is a very powerful thing & can produce symptoms of whatever it is your focusing on-go & have a checkup & put your mind at rest,i,m sure it will be o.k :yesyes:

Lauz
09-03-10, 00:48
Thanks huni, you know when you are just having a downer of a day and all you want to do is whinge! Thats me today :(

I think you are exactly right, the moment I stop thinking about it, it does go away. Our brains are so powerful it is amazing!

I am going to pop into the doctor tonight on the way home from work and get them to have a feel around and some advice from them.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks all for replying!!! X