PDA

View Full Version : panic disorder self diagnosed

flumpy
08-03-10, 08:16
Hello everyone
Found this site Saturday at 0500. Started reading and have been reading various bits on and off ever since. The relief I felt when I started reading about other people suffering like I had for the past 19 years, was, well, overwhelming...my eyes filled with tears of joy and yet sadness at the time that I had lost. I've definitely suffered severely with panic disorder and agoraphobia and may still do in the future. But, I am now informed. My missed heart beats can now be fought and they don't have to turn in to full panic attacks as I desperately reach for the vodka always secreted about my person. I am going to go to those situations that I have avoided for years. I feel armed and empowered, ready to face the world again. Thank you for your contributions. I hope to be a regular contributor also :yahoo:and to pass on my experiences and perhaps help others in the future.

diane07
08-03-10, 08:17
Hi flumpy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
08-03-10, 09:36
:welcome:Flumpy. This is a friendly site with good information and support. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

flumpy
08-03-10, 12:42
Thanks, I will certainly be taking all advice on board and tackling this because I want my life back. Feel like this is a new beginning:)

Patty
09-03-10, 00:28
Hi flumpy

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
09-03-10, 20:20
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

smudger
10-03-10, 07:55
:welcome: