PDA

View Full Version : 1st panic attack

lorraine
08-03-10, 08:55
When I had my first panic attack I had been to tescos came back home and started to unpack my shopping.

My heart started going crazy. It was beating so hard. My heart was beating like this for a bout 30mins. My arms started going numb. Felt dizzy/faint. Chest felt tight. Legs felt like jelly.

Went to my doctors just after it happen had ecg said it was a bit irregular I had to go back for another ecg two days later when my heart had settled down. When I went back there was slight irregularity on it but he said it would be ok no need to go to hospital.

Anyway this freaked me out until in the end my doctor sent me for the treadmill test. Calciam score and Echo. Everything came back fine he said my heart was very healthy. But because I have this slight irregularity on my ecg I keep thinking they have missed something. the radiographer said that alot of women have blips on their ecg and quite often there is nothing wrong.

Have only had two of these really bad panic attacks. Rest of the time just get missed beats/palptations which my doctors has said is anxiety. Has anybody else had a panic attack like this?

Thanks lorraine

Typer
08-03-10, 12:34
yes I have had them like that as well as the thuddy missed beats. It (your heart) seems to crash around in your chest. Is that what you mean?

lorraine
08-03-10, 17:11
Thanks for your reply. sorry to go on about this but so worried. have you had your heart banging away like its going to leap out of your chest for about 30 mins!!!!!

lorraine

thanks lorraine