PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, I am new too...

Brokyn
08-03-10, 09:11
I have not been very far in this forum, thought it would be a good start here. I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression for many years until they found out that I am a cutter. Now they have changed their diagnosis to Borderline Personality Disorder. I am not on any anxiety medication however I see a pain management doctor who has prescribed Lyrica and Savella which both have SSRI's so I was hoping they would help. I also see a 'counselor', who in the three hours that we have seen each other in the past 6 months, says I am fine now. I lied to her and told her that I was not cutting anymore. Now I came out with the truth because I had to go to the hospital for chest pains and they saw the recent scars and bandaids... I did not know they were going to watch me change into a hospital gown, I had a long sleeve sweater that I could have covered them up with... Now I use the knitted sleeves that go around your thumb up to your elbow... My live in boyfriend has never noticed my cutting. That is how close we are... Or I hide it very well. My feline companion of 5 years just died in January and it has really put a rise in my cutting. I can not stop crying when I think about him. We were both Katrina survivors and I have woken up daily with him on my head for 5 years and now I do not iknow what i ma gonna do..

nomorepanic
08-03-10, 09:14
Hi Brokyn

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sweetpea6
08-03-10, 15:49
Brokyn,

Hi, and welcome :) I'm sorry things have been so tough for you. I hope you can find some support here- it's been really helpful for me. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time, and I can't even imagine what it must have been like to have experienced the devastation of a hurricane. We don't get many of those in England :blush: Best wishes for your journey to recovery, anytime you fancy chatting just PM me.

Sweetpea

Patty
09-03-10, 00:31
Hi Brokyn

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs:

smudger
09-03-10, 02:38
:welcome: Brokyn. I hope you find this forum helps, even if its to talk n get things off your chest. xx