PDA

View Full Version : BRAIN FOG!!!!

NeverRelaxed
08-03-10, 09:26
Anyone familiar with the dreaded brain fog? Its like I cant focus/conentrate at all..Im having a hard time reading because its like I cant process the information properly, it just becomes a jumbled mess. Same with my thoughts too..They all become muddled and some get stuck on repeat if you catch my drift? Its really annoying and so hard to explain. Im just not alert or "with it" at all!! horrible and scary cos Ive been dizzy/lightheaded for aaaages and now my anxious mind is trying to tell me I have a neurological problem! WHICH I KNOW I DON'T! But sometimes its hard to keep the bad thoughts out.

I have had something like this a few times before and its always proven itself to be anx related.

I just wonder if anyone here can relate or has gone thru something similar.

Veronica H
08-03-10, 09:32
:bighug1:Yes, this is very familiar to me. It will pass as your nerves become less sensitised. The worrying about the effect this is having will contribute to keeping them sensitised and so it is important to accept this fore now but not to read too much into it, or to fear that this is something more serious.....easier said than done I know. This will get better.

Veronicax

Earthworm
08-03-10, 13:16
Yes - familiar to me too, one of my more frequent visitors is the dizzy spells & light headed-ness (and always at inapropriate times like work meetings etc) but I have also had the heavy "fog" too - very disconcerting but as Veronica says it is the sensitisation and be safe in the knowledge that it will pass and no harm can come from it. As for repetetive thoughts, yes get those too - the same things going over and over an over - again all part of the bigger picture that is sensitised nerves!

shanlynn1012
08-03-10, 13:39
I had that for months on end and really thought somehting was wrong. Once I learned it was anxiety it began to pass i still get it at stores and hectic times like my daughters b-day party. Funny now i have burning skin and I can not seem to convince myself it is anxiety. Hang in there maybe work out and try to tell yourslef it will pass.

NeverRelaxed
08-03-10, 14:22
ungh, its horrible..its a sickly sort of confusion. i hate it!!! hope it passes soon. trying to distract as much as possible...

shanlynn1012
08-03-10, 14:53
Are u on medication? And do u work out? Those two things helped me pass it quickly. I am on Zoloft.