PDA

View Full Version : how many palpitations is too much

poppy1
08-03-10, 09:49
Already ive had about 15 fluttering palp's in 2 hours, is this normal?? I also feel dizzy but the dizziness came first so i dont think they are linked.

NeverRelaxed
08-03-10, 14:26
i wore a holter monitor for 24hrs and had teh results last wednesday.

it showed 58 ectopic/extra beats over teh 24hrs and the cardiologist said that was nothing at all to be worried abt.

There is also somone who posts here who had 1,000 i think? nt sure abt the exact number but it was A LOT!

Typer
08-03-10, 14:41
Well I guess none of it is normal for us....those kind have me on my knees if I have to many in 1 hour. Go for a long walk, should stop them...sometimes that stops them for me, although the first few minutes it brings them on

Did you feel dizzy and start to feel a bit anxious and that kicked them off with more anx and more of those?

ames6767
08-03-10, 14:49
I went into busy town yesterday and out of the blue after a bit of walking missed beat after missedbeat. I had to come home as I felt freaked out. I know how you feel but think the lady you are talking about had 6000 in 24 hrs and they still weren't worried about her. It's hard to accept they won't hurt you. X

skippy66
08-03-10, 14:50
500 per day is considered within normal limits according to a cardiologist i saw recently.

skippy66
08-03-10, 14:51
I went through a week of having around 10,000 per day and that wasn't pleasant.

Started after a heavy night on red wine, and just went away after a week without explanation.

poppy1
08-03-10, 17:26
thanks for all your replys. I took a propranalol and not had any since (touch wood). Skippy i think that the dizziness did cause the anxiety which i think triggered it because i know that palpitations where u would pass out would be a concern the doc said so any light headedness i freak about!!

Mine are more of a fluttering and quite slight alot of the time. I sometimes have the thud which strangely doesnt bother me its the fluttering i dont like!

Maj
08-03-10, 19:14
I had 6000 over 24 hours and the cardiologist still said they were nothing to worry about, although it was more than the average! Try not to worry about them too much - they are annoying I know, but the more frightened you are of them the more they tend to happen. There's no rhyme nor reason to them sometimes, I know. But they are harmless.
Myra:hugs: