PDA

View Full Version : Hi People

purplejaguar
08-03-10, 13:16
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and wanted to join to try and help my son. He is coming off Citalopram and is having some very unpleasant side effects. Very bad dizziness and headache (head shocks possibly) which is constant for a few days now. Things look like they are wobbling. Paranoia about being followed in public. Shaking of the whole body making muscles feel painful through the tension. The last thing to happen today was a panic attack although its not as bad as some attacks in the past. He is 18 years old. How long could these side effects last.
Thanks

nomorepanic
08-03-10, 13:20
Hi purplejaguar

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

purplejaguar
08-03-10, 13:21
Hi, thank you for your welcome :).

diane07
08-03-10, 14:11
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

Spagetti
08-03-10, 14:52
Hi Purple and welcome,

I came off citalopram cold turkey once and experienced the side effects for about 2 weeks. Its the worst thing I could have done. I should have spoken to my doctor and had myself weened off of them. If your son hasnt discussed this with his doctor then I would urge him to do so. xx