PDA

View Full Version : So upset can not stop crying.....

turnthelighton
08-03-10, 15:35
......I am getting worse, nervous wrek! As per my previous posts I have been having issues with my left breast, itching, strange feelings etc. Been to the doctors twice now and they say it is nothing to worry about they can not see any changes etc. Had breast exam as well nothing. So why can I not get it out of my head, I am constantly checking my breasts seeing if they are the same, is there any marks, rashes etc. My left breast is now tender and I am sure there is a rash there, well more like thread viens.

It got so bad on Friday that I went back to the docs, she did another check and said she could not see any differences but did subscribe me dimazipan to help calm me down.

I think it is getting worse and i have spent most of the past three days looking on google and reading stories on breast cancer etc. I know I should not do it but I am so scared.

My divorce came through last week and I am 40 this week, so I should be happy not thinking I am going to die.

I have now booked another appt for Wednesday to see the doctor, I cant go on like this. Why do I always think there is something wrong and why does it have to be bad?

Sorry for this rant and I apologise for poor spelling and grammar.

Sharon

RosieXXX
08-03-10, 16:39
Hello Sharon,

I know what it is like once you get a thought in your head, especially when you are also experiencing physical sensations too - it becomes almost impossible to break the cycle of worry. Obviously your anxiety levels are running high, it is strange how it can all kick off just when you least expect it. I think sometimes we don't realise how emotionally stressed we are, and health anxiety becomes the focus of all our worries..

I have been down this route many times, so I know how you are feeling. The constant checking is going to make your breast sore, which only adds to your anxiety, and googling fuels it even further. Try to hold on to the fact that the doctor has examined you several times, and is certain there is nothing for you to worry about - they don't take any chances.

It isn't unusual to have little red thread viens on the breast, so that really isn't anything to worry about. It could be the material of your bra is causing a mild irritation - try wearing a soft cotton t-shirt for a while, and see if it helps.

Promise yourself to stay away from google and don't do any more checking. I am sure you will find the anxiety level will begin to drop.

Wishing you well.

countrygirl
08-03-10, 16:50
I also get intense itching on one breast - it can be either one and it feels like I have some sharp bits in my bra in fact on many occasions I have whipped my bra off and inspected it convinced it has sharp bits in it and nothing or intense itching but it usually only last a week of so and goes away. I also have little blue veins and tiny tiny redish marks that can occasionally tun into little spots whent he weather is hot. I know that anxiety produces endless skin sensations - I also get exact same sensations all over my body so have never worried too much. I know you are worrying about the type of breast cancer that can produce an inflamed rash rather than a lump but having met someone with this it is unmistakable either a very angry red inflamed area or what seems to be an abcess.
The more you focus on these sensations the longer they will last - I know!

turnthelighton
08-03-10, 18:12
Thank you for your replies I really mean it, it helps to read them and to try and stay focused. I have done nothing but cry since last week I am so surprised I have any tears left. This site has been such a rock for me. My left breast is sore but as you say I think that is the constant checking, lifting etc. I am big busted girl as well.

Thanks again. xx