PDA

View Full Version : Update on Adrenaline Surges

countrygirl
08-03-10, 16:42
I posted on getting this when trying to sleep - i then googled and found info on tumour on adrenal glands which of course freaked me. I had a ultrasound of kidneys just 3 month ago which showedd no swelling of adrenals but knew that I needed to discuss with Dr so went today.
My pulse is always high in any medical setting but is getting worse as I get older so he took pulse and said he would send me for 24 hr ecg. I told him my worried about adrenal trouble and he said he would arrange a 24 hr urine test to make sure no adrenal problem so can't ask for more.
I have to go to nurse tomorrow for quick ecg to be sent off with request for 24 hr one and of course my pulse will be sky high while they are doing the quick one!!!
I can't take betablockers because of asthma but Dr said if all the tests are normal then we need to find way of controlling my anxiety response someway. At least the tests aren't invasive phew!

RosieXXX
08-03-10, 16:51
Hello countrygirl,

Well, it is a good thing you are going to be thoroughly checked out, which is the only way you will have peace of mind, but I understand how stressful that can be. The good news is your ultrasound just 3 months ago showed no swelling, so that must be reassuring.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Lauz
09-03-10, 04:38
funny you mention this story. just the other night on TV on one of our medical shows where they go into hospitals and film patients and their travels was actually a lady who had constant palps all day long and was as a result of a tumour on her adrenal gland ...
Which they removed and fixed her right up! it was straight forward keyhole surgery.

I don't mean to alarm you it was just until the other day i didn't know that this existed.
The fact that you had that scan a few months back is reassuring that there is nothing wrong and I am sure you will be fine!
All the best with the tests and is fantastic that your doctor has ordered them etc which will definately put your mind at rest!!

Corinne
09-03-10, 05:58
I had the 24 hour urine test because of internal vibrations, which may be the same thing you are describing. Everything was normal. They say you should try to be stress free when you do the test so that no extra adrenaline will show up. I just laughed when they told me that! I was a hot mess for the whole 24 hours and everything was still normal. They still don't know what's wrong with me. I just know that I'm seeing more medical people than I'm seeing my family trying to find answers.

countrygirl
09-03-10, 11:45
Thanks everyone - don't worry you haven't scared me about the drenal tumour I already knew about it and thats why I was off to the GP because I knew I would worry until I did. As I said I recently had a normal kidney ultrasound and that is how most of them show up so dont really think I have this but of course because of the health anxiety once a thought is in the muddled head I need def confirmation:blush:

having my quick ecg today before my 24hr one - any guesses on how high my pulse will be while they do the ecg:winks:

Veronica H
09-03-10, 19:37
Glad that you have a sympathetic GP who is giving you the reassurance you need. It is more than likely, infact almost certain, that nothing will be found. How many tests will be enough? This is a difficult one, as it is very hard to accept that we are generating the problem by constantly checking on, and tuning into ourselves and then generating the fear which keeps our nerves sensitised. :bighug1:This is not a criticism, as I am still coming to terms with panic/anxiety myself, but sometimes I wish another cause could be found because in some ways it would easier to deal with. I hope all goes well for you.:flowers:

Veronicax

Corinne
09-03-10, 19:48
Veronica, it's like you read my thoughts. I've been suffering with these internal vibrations since early December. I'm at the point of not caring what it is as long as they find out.

Kirst24
09-03-10, 20:00
Countrygirl, I know how you are feeling as I recently did the 24 hour urine test too and it all came back normal thank goodness. I had myself convinced that was what I had because of the constant feelings of anxiety and heart rate etc. It is EXTREMELY rare... I live in Scotland and apparently there are only about 6 cases diagnosed every year here.

Good luck, sure everything will be fine.

xxx

countrygirl
10-03-10, 08:37
Thanks everyone - I had my quick ecg yesterday and for one didn't have to wait at the surgery the nurse called me in before I sat down so I wasn't super stressed. My heartrate was a bit fast but not the usual extreme thank goodness becasue I knew nothing intusive was going to happen and she said it was completely normal as well but it would be sent off with request for 24 hr one.

I so agree that the endless tests are causing as much anxiety as the worry over the symptoms - its taken me ages to realise this:blush: but how do we break the cycle of worrying about a disease as our symptoms fit and then insisitng on the tests to rule it out.