PDA

View Full Version : advice please

jacqui03
08-03-10, 19:50
I am feeling really anxious and having panic attacks everyday at the moment. I am getting very sacred of being alone and when alone it triggers panic.
My chest muscles are sooooo painful from severe panic attacks and I feel as though I cant take a deep breath or get to the bottom of my lungs which then triggers another panic attack. I feel worn out physically & emotionally trying to face up to this. My daughter and my parents are going away soon and I really dont know how I am going to cope with that just the thought brings on panic.

bottleblond
08-03-10, 19:58
Hi Jacqui

Have you been along to your gp to tell him how you have been feeling?
When we are anxious, we tend to breath more quickly which can strain the muscles around our chest. It's nothing to worry about, more uncomfortable than anything else.

You could try some relaxation cd's as they teach us how to breath correctly. I have also heard alot of people talk of the 'Claire Weeks' books being a huge benefit for anxiety and panic attacks.

I really do hope you feel better soon
Lisa
x
:flowers:

Anxious_gal
08-03-10, 21:22
aw will there be anyone around? that may stay with you? or do you have a friend you could stay with while the family are away?