PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine/ effexor increase dose

LisaS
09-01-06, 19:45
hello,

I have been on effexor xl for about 9 months now at 75mg. After a lot of debate I have increased my dose to 150mg temporarily on the advice of my GP for when I start uni next week as a sort of preventative to me freaking out again like i did last year.

do you think i should expect any side effects from this increase or what will happen?

thanks,

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

LisaS
10-01-06, 19:18
just thought i'd update even though had no responses!

yesterday after doubling my dose most of the morning i felt really really nervous, but probably anticipating something awful happening, by the afternoon i felt ok.
then today i've felt ok too. Just maybe more tired and a little 'aware'/spaced out..

i'm hoping the increase will have kicked in by monday when i start uni.. hopefully i wont be on this dose for long and can go back to my 75mg fairly soon.

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

nomorepanic
10-01-06, 20:43
Lisa

I tried to search for some previous post but it times out cos apparently we were killing the server so Alex set the timeout quite low.

Look in the medication forum and I think you will find some other posts if you browse a few pages.

Nicola