PDA

View Full Version : My symptoms

lindajane1971
08-03-10, 21:40
Hiya Everyone,
My symptoms are:
1: Heart feels like the electrics are not quite right now and again, feels like its stopped and then all chambers beat at almost the same time to kick start it going again, it lasts a few seconds and happens totally randomly........had a 24 hr monitor, ultrasound scan and ecg which never caught one.Typical!

2: Constant lightheadedness. Feels like when im walking im a inch or two taller than i actually am, and its like a bouncy walk? Feels like ive had a few drinks when of course i havnt. I feel like i need to walk next to a wall incase i need to steady myself......doc has not given me a reason for this symptom.

3: Fast sensation over chest and head the same kind of feelin you get if you drive fast over a bump, or if your on a rollercoaster thats the only way i can describe it, its never in my stomch tho where it should be it washes over my head and chest and makes my vision blur for a second. Its random and never happens when im anxious!! only get anxious after i get this weird sensation. This one scares the hell out of me it really does make me cry

4: A couple of times i have felt like everything around me was spining round really fast, it happend when i was just walking around or when i was making dinner. It made me freeze immediately and then panic like hell. last time i panicked for 2 hours about it.

I have no idea if they are all anxiety or if any are indeed medical?????

Thats me!!! :whistles:

lisa12
08-03-10, 21:57
hi there these are all typical anxiety symptons...i get them 2 they are awful i posted other day about the rollercostg in my chest (a new 1 4 me ) prob there coz i was getting used to other symptons...as for lightheadedness i have this all the time and my doc says it is anxiety....i had the spinning 2 and my doc sent me to ent to see if i had vertigo i had mmr scan but came bk clear ...i think it is all anxiety and nothing to worry about (easier said than done i know)....hope you feel better soon x

lindajane1971
08-03-10, 22:08
hi lisa,
thanks for reading :)

NoPoet
09-03-10, 00:48
Hi Lindajane, sounds exactly like a panic attack. You go into "fight or flight" mode in which your heart rate massively increases, adrenaline surges into your body, your breathing pattern changes and basically your whole body becomes agitated.

There is nothing to worry about, it sounds exactly normal, so try to relax and accept it the next time it happens: think about how you've been through it before and survived intact, think about how millions of people are going through the same thing and we've all come through ok.

The reason it feels so bad is because it puts a huge amount of stress on you. But as you calm down this feeling goes away.

As for number 3, that sounds vaguely similar to what I experience and once again it is purely to do with anxiety. Do you find yourself hyperventilating, in other words breathing too fast or too deep but not seeming to get enough air in? That could be a contributor. Again, hyperventilation can be distressing but it is not harmful at all.

lindajane1971
09-03-10, 09:38
hi Psycho!
The only thing i do not do is hyperventilate, infact its the opposite for me, i slow my breathing down when it happens so i can feel whats going on better, when i feel the beats i more or less hold my breath until it passes.
Im not sure if this is equally as bad as hyperventilating or not??
Linda x

suzy-sue
09-03-10, 09:58
Hi ..You will find if you do some deep breathing in thru the nose for the count of 7 and out thru the mouth for 11 ,It will help you .Breath deeply until it calms down .You will not be getting enough oxygen if you dont breath properly and this make s your symptoms worse ..Try not to be fearful ..i know its hard but this only enhances all the symptoms and it lasts longer .Anxiety and panic live on the fear ...Hope you feel better soon .Luv Sue x:hugs: