PDA

View Full Version : Delayed intro....

screddie
09-03-10, 14:27
Hi - i have only recently noticed this board and now realise that i have posted a number of times without introducing myself! Really sorry about that!

I am 29 and was diagnosed with HA and GAD about 16 months ago. I have since i was young been conscious of health and have always had a fear of disease and not being well - i don't know why. However, over the last couple of years i have personally witnessed both my father have a TIA and also my gran, very unexpectedly, die in front of my from a major stroke. I have always been a worrier but now this seems to have focussed itself on health issues and hence HA!

My HA presented itself with physical symptoms, as is often the case, after a period of sustained stress and pressure. Witnessing the death of my gran pushed me over the edge. Two weeks after i started getting a strong pressure sensation in my head which totally terrified me - thought it was a brain tumour.

Eversince i've had everything you can imagine - most of my symptoms have been muscular and neurological. Which to this day still scare me and make me think i have either MS or cancer, my two biggest fears. I only had a few PAs right at the start. I've been to the doctors countless times - luckily i have a very good and sensible GP who knows how to handle this and me! Had 5 blood tests (all fine) in 16 months, had CBT and been to the physchiatrist who put me on sertalin - currently 150mg. And now i have found my blood pressure is high too! Anyway, i'll keep battling on which this bizarre and rather cruel condition.

I have found this forum quite by accident but it has been very very helpful and i continue to check it regularly and give encouragement and reassurance as well as taking a little when needed! Thank you.....

nomorepanic
09-03-10, 14:28
Hi screddie

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Utility
09-03-10, 22:06
Welcome

Patty
10-03-10, 17:06
Hi screddie

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs: