PDA

View Full Version : This headache is making up for the ones I dont normally get!

pinkpiglet
10-03-10, 16:54
I dont normally get headaches, apart from the odd slight one!

Well Last wednesday I had this stonking headache and its returned again today. It started around 1pm and as gotten gradually worse as the afternoon as gone on. I have been a little bit stressed this week (but not overly..) and this headache feels like its more in my eye, face and across the front of my crown. I took some paracetomol immediately and then 40 mins later I took some Ibuprofen. Three and half hours later its still there, I'v just took some more paracetomol as I couldnt even wait until the four hours recommended gap. I'm also using '4head' (one of those sticks that you rub on your forehead) and that aint working either.

Why is this headache not shifting?? I feel liike I just need to sleep but I have my son to care for and I am working this evening. Any ideas on how to get rid of it, APART FROM CHOP MY HEAD OFF??

:emot-questioned:

margaret jones
10-03-10, 17:10
Hi have you got a head cold ?? i have had a shi y headache all day but feels my sinuses are blocked like u paracetomo; / 4 head now inhalation of menthol also vick inhaler up my nose and it is still there so hope yours and mine go ASAP xxxxx

Anxious_gal
10-03-10, 17:47
could be a tension headach. think it's caused by tensing your eye muscles!
I had it for a week, was always worse in the evenings.
maybe try one of those face/eye gel masks that you can warm up or cool down.
it might help relax your muscles.
lavender can be good too.

Horse
10-03-10, 18:14
One thing to bare in mind is if it is a migraine! Normal painkillers like Paracetamol etc., don't usually work because during a migraine the stomach produces certain chemicals that stop the drug being absorbed into the bloodstream. If this is the case, then try Migralieve. Not the cheapest things to buy but more effective.

Good luck.

pinkpiglet
11-03-10, 15:01
Thanks for replies..

I dont care how expensive something is Horse, as long as it gets rid of my headaches/migraine!! thanks, i'l get some in incase I have it again!!!