PDA

View Full Version : Exercise - headache & now feel awful

screddie
10-03-10, 17:00
Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have this week for the first time in about a year gone back to the gym to do some exercise. Through my HA, which i've had for about a year and half, i have found that under taking any form of exersion has made me feel pretty bad. As a result i haven't really been to the gym or done much - in an attempt to 'protect' myself and stay on an even keel. Over this time i have read and heard how exercise can help anxiety, and i have wanted to get back into it.

So this week i did! I have been twice now and it has been nice to ache for a real reason for a change!! However as induction for the gym i had my BP measured and was told it was high - which my doctor agreed with but put it down to the impact of anxiety, also.

Both after the first session on Monday and especially today, i have initially felt fine but then started feeling pretty rotten an hour or so later. After today's session i now have a splitting headache across the top of my forehead, have felt pretty spacey and vaguely nausious all day. Am now really worried it is linked to the BP. I read that headaches after exercise can be linked to blood vessels in the brain and brain aneurisms!! Starting to freak out a bit now - have felt like this the whole day and paracetamol hasn't helped at bit!

Anyone else had this or should i be worried?

Jaco45er
10-03-10, 17:05
Hi Screddie

I had the same thing in the gym, they took my BP on my induction and it was high. I went to the GP, he told me to chill, as my BP was only slightly high in the surgery and that the exercise will bring the BP down.

I felt terrible the first couple of weeks in the gym, panics, head pressure, feeling sick, but I stuck with it and after a 5 or so sessions it really started to pay off.

Have a word with your GP, tell him you have joined the gym, I am sure he will say that's a positive thing, and it will put your mind at ease.

Remember, mild hypertention (anything that's a constant up to 159/99) is considered mild and usually treated with a lifestyle change and exercise.

Good luck

Jaco