PDA

View Full Version : increased dose - rise in anxiety is this normal

jackie26
10-03-10, 19:17
hi i just need some advice please. i have been on sertraline 50mg for 4 weeks and it was increased yesterday to 100mg. i am starting to feel more anxious and panicky is this normal wiht increase in meds and will it subside. i have been taking one in the morning and one at night. any advice welcome. x

Panic33
12-03-10, 22:57
When I increased ( i went from 50 to 100) so did the anxiety at first - stick in there :)

jackie26
13-03-10, 09:30
When I increased ( i went from 50 to 100) so did the anxiety at first - stick in there :)

thanks for reply. i will try and stick it out - i have to. if i can tell myself thats all it is then hopefully i can cope. hope you keep well:)

Panic33
13-03-10, 10:27
Im sure it will just be the increase. I'm fine now - im off the meds and anxiety gone so they do work :)

jackie26
13-03-10, 12:06
Im sure it will just be the increase. I'm fine now - im off the meds and anxiety gone so they do work :)

hi i'm sure your right its the meds. i am glad to hear you feeling better, i have to agree these are the only meds that i have stuck with for so long usually i give up cos of horrendous side effects, the effects with these are bearable just a bit weird feeling but panic is lessening and not going full blown like it used to. how long were you on them for and were you ok coming off them with withdrawal effects?:)

nervy-paul
13-03-10, 15:46
I too found when I was put on 150mg for a short time, all my anxieties and fears seem to be hightened, along with being edgy/jumpy. I soon came back down to 100mg and have been generally fine - though do get headaches if I forget to take it.