PDA

View Full Version : ladies please

bronte
10-03-10, 18:48
hi has anyone noticed thier periods changing since being 40 im 43 now and for the last year had breakthrough bleeding which turned out to be hormonal that did stop but it took 6 months and loads of tests Now all of a sudden they are longer and more painful and heavier can anyone let me no how theirs have changed so i dont start in panic mode and if they are longer by how much thanks

sb001f8994
10-03-10, 19:43
Hi,
Im 48 and mine changed last year for about three months, one was two weeks late, the next was seventeen days later, then I was two weeks late again. Im having probs with palpitations, not constant but here and there. Im weepy, even at adverts! And now my cycle has gone back to regualr as clockwork again. My nurse said this is the perimenopause and can last years...how nice!
You sound exactly like my mum was, heavy and painful, mine are still pretty similar but are shorter, three days to my normal five. These are the joys of womanhood, oh how I sometimes think men get off pretty light...then look at my hubby and the mid life crisis's he seems to have every other month!!!
Take care

Typer
10-03-10, 19:49
From 40 until 50, mine went mad. Sometimes nothing, sometimes twice in a month...longer, shorter, heavier, lighter. I had a few years where they lasted 10 to 14 days, were heavy and oh so painful. Had some norethisterone for a while which helped me through a few years. I guess your body is beginning to change. My periods stopped when I was 50.

It is natural for changes, but if they become troublesome, docs can often give you some meds for a while to get the rhythm back and make them lighter.

bronte
10-03-10, 20:02
thanyou so much for your replies i sometimes hate being a woman lol

Typer
10-03-10, 20:11
Yeah! I agree, who would be a woman :D. Take care

barbn
10-03-10, 20:30
YEP!! You just described me to a "T"....I hate it... I just totally skipped this past month....arrgghhh!! So glad I am not alone! :)

yorkylover
11-03-10, 14:07
Im 43 and my period's are now about 3 day's long instead of 5 or more.There is also a longer space between them now.Last month about 7 days after my period finished I had little discharge tinged with blood but only for that day.

My periods are no where as painfull as they were in my 20's.

Do you find you need to pee more near your period,or around ovulation????

Jan63
11-03-10, 14:13
My periods are irregular too now - I'm nearly 47. For the last couple of years I have kept missing them for a few months and then they come back regular again. I had one in December and then the next one was February this year and it was really light, the lightest I have ever had. I have noticed since being around 40 that my periods have always been very heavy.

Yes Yorkylover I find that near to my period I seem to urinate a lot more than I usually do, must be hormones again..:whistles:

lorraine
12-03-10, 08:38
hi my periods have been strange since being 40 and now 44 I have started bleeding when ovulating for about 10 days. Then 2 days before by period starts get a little bit of pink discharge. Also get alot of ovulation pain. Very sore breasts that feel bruised and uncomfortable that start to hurt when ovulating.

Lorraine

bronte
12-03-10, 10:22
hi every one im fed up now i always bleed for about 5 to 6 days on my period but im still spotting pinky red on day 9 should i be worried i had all test 8 months ago for breakthrough bleeding that turned out to be hormonal and all was normal so do you think this could just be my age im 43 by the way the breakthrough bleeding stopped after a few months so now im worried again about the spotting after period ends