PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

I'm Carl
10-03-10, 19:11
My username gives it away but im Carl 29,

Suffered with depression on and off for around 3 years now - and to boot a slight drink dependency 4-6 cans of lager per day this coupled with job pressure/recession and long term issues, firstly sexually abused as a child by someone my mother trusted, then a 6 year relationship that grew apart and unbeknown to us - she was pregnant and subsequently miscarried, after this i couldnt seem to get anything to go right, work, relationships etc and couldnt shake the feeling of low self esteem and anxiety all this festered within me which led to me almost taking an overdose of sleeping pills with a bottle of vodka, thankfully i survived it.

Since this time im receiving counseling through work (i work for the NHS) and also under the care of the local mental health team.

I've been on 10mg of citalopram for around 5 weeks and 1 week ago the dose upped to 20mg - im controlling the urge to drink when im around people however struggle when alone and wonder if anyones suffered something similar and if they have any tips. (Im aware of citalopram and the effects it as with alcohol too)

My drinking pattern now is more like once or twice a week 4-5 cans of 5% lager. Rather than everyday, in company im more than happy to drink alcohol free stuff (Becks blue - is very nice actually!) I do a drink diary too to look for triggers etc but its always when im on my own, hopefully the increase in dosage should help too.

Anyways im going on. If you feel its better to move this elsehwhere in the forums moderators please do.

Hi everyone again, look forward to helping and supporting others and hearing other peoples advice.

Carl :)

nomorepanic
10-03-10, 19:14
Hi I'm Carl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
10-03-10, 20:02
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

I'm Carl
10-03-10, 23:14
Thanks Paige and Nicola, could this thread maybe moved to the relevant forum rather than me creating another thread :)

Patty
11-03-10, 01:14
Hi Carl

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)