PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Myself!

Quailman
09-01-06, 23:51
I had a serious incident last night in the shower. I've been cutting myself for about 7 or 8 months now but it's always seemed reasonable (for want of a better word). It's mostly been the tops of my legs but sometimes my chest and arms. I've never felt it as an issue in itself before. Actually in a lot of ways it feels good to have an outward expression of how I'm feeling inside (even if noone ever sees it). Of course it's stupid but that's how I felt. Last night, it got a bit out of control though. I've never bled so much before and for the first time it looked and seemed really serious. I don't know what to do. I feel so stupid.

ItWillPass
10-01-06, 04:41
dont feel stupid... Self harm is really very common. Maybe you should look into reading about it, to better understand why you do it and why it feels good. In treatment one of the most important things for a self harmer to understand is why they do it. Are you in therapy? I can recomend a great book. I dont have the title with me right now... but if you are interested I'll get it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

nomorepanic
10-01-06, 19:39
Try this page on the website to see if it helps...

Self Harm (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=selfharm)

Nicola

eeyorelover
10-01-06, 20:43
Hi there
I know that cutting makes you feel good for the moment. But it isn't helping with the underlying problem that is making you want to cut in the first place. You really need to make an appointment and talk to a professional who can help you work through this. You haven't been doing it very long so it would be a good idea to try and get a handle on it now.
And Please make sure that you have cleaned the area and put some kind of antibiotic ointment on it so it doesn't get infected (ok so that is the Mom in me talking - sorry - lol)

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)