PDA

View Full Version : Is this agraphobia?

hugs
10-03-10, 22:16
I've been suffering from anxiety for the last 17 months, I am not at all afraid to go out and I have to as I work part time and I still visit friends etc but on my days off when I'm alone with my son I just prefer to stay home, my anxiety is pretty much constant and I just don't see the point in going out because I can't concentrate on anything other than my anxiety so I can never really enjoy myself. I can manage my anxiety much better at home.

The weather is really starting to pick up now and I want to go into town with my son this Friday and do a bit of clothes shopping but I constantly feel like I have a weight on my head and shoulders and just overall tension that I just can't take anything in and I end up doing things really quickly and not really take the time in looking at things like I used to. It's very sad but I never saw it as a major problem until my partner said to my mam in general conversation that I always stay in the house and never go anywhere or see people when it's just me and the baby. I feel guilty now that I'm not going out and doing things with my son but I just cope better at home. I have a big fear of dying or my son dying so when I push him around in his pushchair rather than feel extremely proud that I'm a mam to such a beautiful boy I feel panicked and anxious that we could lose eachother at any moment. It really sucks!!!

So I just wondered if this would be considered as agraphobia although I do go out a lot on my own when I have to work?

Thanks x

Vanilla Sky
11-03-10, 10:33
I would say that it is anxiety, i guess if you had agraphobia you would not be able to go out at all or you would struggle if you did . I do not have agraphobia, i have anxiety and when it was really bad i didn't want to go anywhere outside work because i was afraid of somethnig happening to me . I think and i quote you said , i feel panicked and anxious thats we could lose each other at any moment / Classic anxiety symptoms .
When you are not working , try and go out a little bit each day , even if it is taking your baby out for a short walk and back again, then the next day go a bit further etc
Anxiety sufferers could easily become agraphobic , don't let it happen
Good luck to you :)