PDA

View Full Version : no wonder alot of us get worked up!!!

Forrest
10-01-06, 01:19
I can see my self doing this all the time iam not sure how it is in the uk but are tvs a feed full of med commericals.Here is sothing i found..Hypochondriacs and even garden-variety worrywarts fighting to suppress their health-related fears have their work cut out for them these days.

Vague pharmaceutical commercials provide rich fodder for worries: Is your good cholesterol too low or bad cholesterol too high? Could your heartburn really be gastroesophageal reflux disease? Do you gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now?

Web sites have popped up for every disease imaginable, and 80 percent of Internet users report searching for health information online.

It's enough to send even the healthiest and most level-headed among us scurrying to the doctor's office.

Health-information overload doesn't create hypochondriacs — but it can give them more things to worry about. "For some, it can be taken as, here are all the new ways you can die," says Craig Sawchuk, a clinical psychologist at the UW.

i see my self looking for reasons why i fill the way i fill why are my bowells going into over drive for even with postive health checks..

Forrest
10-01-06, 02:13
"A headache is never just a headache," says Dr. Greg Simon, a psychiatrist at Group Health Cooperative. A stomach twinge can only mean bowel cancer. A muscle pain portends Lou Gehrig's disease, or perhaps dengue fever.Treating these patients has long been a struggle. While the fellow fearing dengue fever may think a blood test is in order, the physician concludes he needs his head examined. But reframing the disorder as one of undue anxiety rather than imagined symptoms has opened up new treatment strategies that can help the worried well get on with their lives.The average person experiences about two to three inexplicable twinges, pains or aches or other odd symptoms every day, says Dr. John Wynn, a psychiatrist who specializes in cancer patients at Swedish Medical Center. Most of us don't think much about them and they go away.But for Melissa Woyechowsky, no bump, itch or twitch went without notice. Her glands felt swollen so she immediately concluded she had HIV, even though she tested negative repeatedly and had no reason to think she'd been exposed. Any bump on her skin was thought to be skin cancer. Her feet felt numb and tingly so she went online to search for an explanation. She became convinced she had a neurological condition like multiple sclerosis. She began to fret

Forrest
10-01-06, 02:22
just some good reading and there is more!!!i jump to this site when i get bad and do some readings of people like me that suffer from health axiety i hope some of this reading may help ease some peoples minds like it does in time do for me!!!