PDA

View Full Version : Is this sciatica ?

cthechick84
10-03-10, 23:03
hello everyone

i went to my docs the other day about my leg tingling and aching fought it was frm varicose veins developing docs checked my leg pulses in saidthere good so it was the varicose veins developin as they are slighty raised an iv had a baby 6wks ago so the pressure frm my womb etc was the cause .but they dnt need treatment anyway he mentioned sciatica but said i ave no pain in the bum or lower bk an its not painful then sciatica isnt the cause well tonight ive developed a pain in the top if my bum literally an its horrible spreads to my hip bone an hurts wen i sit dwn or stand any thnk makes it worse also have an aching in my thigh like the top of my thigh...feels like its burning an tingling so just wondered anybody have any experience with sciatica ?? is this causing my problems i think it is just wanted to hear frm anyone becos already been to docs yesterday cnt go bk got an appoitment monday so will ask then if i can wait that long cause it hurts what stuff can i use for pain ? but i nt use ibruphen so not that!! thanks for listening lots of love c.xx:hugs:

diane07
10-03-10, 23:14
I have suffered with sciatica for 20 years, the burning sensation sounds so familiar, i used ibugel, but you have to use it properly.

Took me a long time to work it out, ibugel works through your skin so you have to rub it in as prescribed, takes about five mins of continuous rubbing to soak in properly.

Obviously, still go back to docs as i am not a doctor, i'm just going from my own personal experience of sciatica, and you have to check what other meds you are on with pharmacist before using it.

hope this helps

di x

Rachel W
11-03-10, 00:06
sciatica with me was more of a sharp pain where it would shoot down my leg and I would literally be unable to move, but the only way to relieve it was to move, so it would be a matter of making myself go through the terrible pain to work it out. Obviously sciatica can come in different forms, but this is just my experience from it.

Zee
11-03-10, 10:43
Ive had flare ups of sciatica for about 20 years. The first time it was diagnosed I had been having painful pins and needles, and burning in one leg. I tend to get the sharp pains from lower back down the leg and into foot as well.