PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New

christopher
11-03-10, 02:23
I'm pretty sure my problem is agoraphobia

My symptons are

- thinking i'm ill when i'm not (thinking a caugh is something as dire as lung cancer)
- constant fear I am going to faint in panic situations
- Very tight muscled
- Need to get out of here!!!!
- Sweat too much and feel weak

I don't know what to do about it. I'm 22 i've had it since I was 16 and it's ruined parts of my life. I need to get rid of this, soon.

nomorepanic
11-03-10, 03:14
Hi christopher

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

diane07
11-03-10, 03:14
Hi christopher

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
11-03-10, 10:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

christopher
11-03-10, 13:55
thank you for the welcome

I have read the whole agoraphobia article which was very interesting and the anxiety one. I also read a bit of the panic attacks one but didn't directly appeal to me. Very interesting website.

Do you think it is worth going to see a doctor?

JT69
11-03-10, 15:10
Hi Christopher, Welcome, you have found a great site with lots of kind caring people who can help.

I think you should go and chat to your GP. There are alot of options for you, you may be offered medication which can help along with some options where you can talk to people about your problems, like councelling etc.

At least you have made the first steps, so well done for that. Not nice feeling like you do, but you are not alone remember that. Jo.

Veronica H
11-03-10, 15:37
:welcome:to NMP Christopher.

Veronicax