PDA

View Full Version : sinusitis

ItWillPass
10-01-06, 06:01
I just started using this thing called a netti pot to clear my nasal passages. I have been having some congestion, which makes me dizzy... Just wanted to share that I found it really helpful and relaxing as well. Basically you make a warm lightly salted water mixture, and you put it in this little pot thing, and you pour it in one nostral and it comes out the other. Kinda freaky, but also a nice safe remedy for a clogged nose. ( I know many of us are scared to take decongestants) or maybe thats just me...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

Axelb9
10-01-06, 10:54
What a coincidence! I have just started using my neti - saline nasal irrigation combo yesterday evening after having clogged left nostril since I do not remember when. How long till you realized any lasting benefits? My nostril was just as clogged during the night after irrigation then ever before. Also do you have any specific tips to increase the effectiveness?

Thanks for your response,

Alex

mjh74
10-01-06, 11:07
How bizarre, yesterday I was reading about them and watched an online demonstration! lol
This is something I've been looking into too as I've always suffered with my sinuses and nasil congestion :).

Mark

ItWillPass
10-01-06, 22:37
I mean I guess its not a miricle... the stuffy nose does come back...but then I do it again, and it feels better. I just like it because I HATE taking any cold medication... so anything that will make me feel even a little better without meds is great. As far as tips... I make my own mixture with sea salt. make sure the salt isnt iodized. Also, make sure you fiddle with it until you get a good stream coming out. I also blow my nose really hard right when im done, and that helps. its weird we all jsut randomly started this.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

Axelb9
12-01-06, 23:02
I would have thought it had some long lasting improvements after a while. I read loads of testimonials where it said that regular irrigation would clear up the sinuses. For me it does not even clear it so far. It surely cannot be compared to taking decongestant drops for example - that had totally cleard my nose within 3-4 minutes that lasted 4-5 hours. I will persevere though and let you know what I learn.