PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of Breath Help Please

angelique
11-03-10, 11:08
Hi everyone, over the last few months I seem to get quite breathless with little exertion. This is quite worrying and it seems the more I think about it the worse it gets. I mentioned this to my doctor the other day and he checked my chest and it sounded clear. In addition to this I had 2 types of lung function tests - one was Spirometry and the other a Peak Flow test. One in particular was used to diagnose Emphysema (I am a smoker who is trying to quit). Both results came back normal so why is it that I am still breathless? Have I got reason to worry so much about this? Has anyone else experienced the same? Thank you.

kestral
11-03-10, 11:39
ive been getting an uncomfortable feeling when breathing recently and am due to have breathing tests. i wonder if stress causes some of these symptoms.

angelique
11-03-10, 11:44
Hi Kestral, I believe that breathlessness can be a symptom of stress but in my case I don't feel stressed (well, the only thing that is stressing me is the fact that I have this awful shortness of breath...).

pink17
13-03-10, 20:26
i have been suffering from shortness of breath,i think more i think about it the worse it gets.

LowrieT
13-03-10, 23:15
Same here, shortness of breath with good lungs so I have been told recently. No idea what causes it but it really pssssss me off. The fact that you get told that your lungs are Ok should really put your mind at rest, but it doesn't. I am sure it is all down to anxiety and not breathing properly so every now and then I take deep breaths making sure the tummy rises when you breath.

Dazo
14-03-10, 09:10
I have alot of shortness of breath. It comes out of no where and triggers my anxiety even more as usual.
I have been to several doctors to check this up and loads of tests, nothing wrong.

I do know how scary it is.

/ Daniel

Carys
14-03-10, 10:51
Have you had your bloods taken to check for iron deficient anaemia ?