PDA

View Full Version : escitalopram started today

leeg
11-03-10, 13:28
will try keep this short ive been diagnosed with gad and ocd but phsyciatrist now thinks i may have bi-polar she said if i take these escitalopram an they make me more than ok she would know what she was dealing with ive read they can send u in to a high does anyone else have experience of this? i feel like a guinea pig! sorry if im ramblin:blush:

KK77
14-03-10, 23:47
Perhaps she wants to see if it makes you manic? Hmm - that sounds a bit odd to me but go with her advice anyway and see if the escitalopram helps you.

BabyRachel
15-03-10, 09:37
It makes complete sense. What your doctor is doing is a form of diagnosis. They start you on a drug and if it works or affects you a certain way they can determine what illness you have.

I have been on escitalopram for about 6 months and at times it has sent me into a mild state of happiness, but it IS NOT A HIGH. NOT A MANIC HIGH. I spoke to my psychologist AND psychiatrist about it and they have determined it ISNT a manic state it sends you into - you just can feel a bit happy and excited.

Good luck with the escitalopram, it has helped me A LOT and like you I have OCD and GAD (not to mention social anxiety, dysthymia and anorexia. :P) The escitalopram has helped a lot with my GAD and OCD.

leeg
15-03-10, 12:14
thanks for replies well im only on day 5 an i feel electric today feltdrunk last night have no recolection of goin to bed when i woke i got up running about lookin for kids cos i didnt remember puttin them to bed i had put dirty clothes in tumble dryer an my speech is off the scale so fast im makin no sense anyone else experience this? im terrified:scared15:

leeg
15-03-10, 18:19
can i ask when did u first feel benefit of taking it did it take weeks to work? x

loulabella
08-04-10, 12:02
Hiya,

How u getting on? I am in the state you were a few weeks ago... have u got over it ok? x x x