PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have small lumps/bumps under your ears ?

Starscream
11-03-10, 15:44
Are they lymph nodes or neck muscles ? I know Lymph nodes are in your neck though. DO you get them under your ears ?

I dont know what it is but under my left ear it's a small bump when I feel it and it hurts a lot.

My right one doesn't.

I am concerned it's a cancerous growth or something but trying to think it's just me from pressing/squeezing it a lot so no wonder it hurts.

Do any of you know what I mean ?

Lou 1
11-03-10, 15:49
Hi does it feel like really hard bone and move around when you press them? I have one behind both ears.
a few months back i had a huuuuge obsession with lypmh glands, but it was the ones in my neck that bothered me. I found the more i prodded them (which was a lot) they used to be very tender.
I did an experiment with my cbt therapist where for a week whenever i touched and played around with my lymph glands i have to prod and poke just above my hip bone the same amount of times. At the end of the week just above my hip bone was killing me and felt bruised.. it was bright red too. Think the whole point was to show that if u prod and poke something it will make it sore. If ur worried visit ur gp but im sure like mine, they're normal. (sorry for long reply) x

barbn
11-03-10, 17:10
I do! The first time I felt the lump behind my ear, I went crazy....it was pretty hard, like bone. Very small, like the size of a "pea"....I thought cancer for sure! Come to find out it was a gland and I was fine. It went away on its own. Every so often it comes back...but boy was I worried the first time!

Starscream
11-03-10, 17:47
See I don't have anything behind my ear, just slightly under them....

Lou 1
11-03-10, 18:09
my left one is behind my ear the right one is just at the bottom where my lobe is. its behind the lobe.