PDA

View Full Version : Please help Panic & Anxitey

ian414
11-03-10, 16:34
Hi i would like to tel you a little about me, my name is ian from Uk im 41, i lost my Dad back in 1987...in 1989 i had my first ever panic attack, i had these for about a year on and off, last year 2009 Aug i lost my Mum who i ws very close too, in November i was driving my friend home and i came over very warm my heart started to race i felt so weak, well now every day ive been having panic attacks and Anxitey, the feelings i get are warm or hot feelings in my chest or back tingely also when laying down i get like cold feelings in my body, im always light headed, my heart will always race and i mean race to were i cant stand i shake ive been to A&E loads of times ive had so many ECGs and they all come back good aprt from my heart doing about 140 beats a min, now with a panic attack it seems to go alot faster is this normal, i really would love to know if anyone else gets this like i do, ive gone off food cant sleep well get pains in chest, cold hands & feet, clamy hands pleaee if you suffer like me please let me know thank you Ian

KK77
11-03-10, 18:45
I know these symptoms are very frightening Ian but they are classic symptoms of your anxiety disorder. I've been there with health anxiety too - the feeling that something just isn't right with you physically. But I can assure you that to feel like this is very normal when anxiety is eating away at us.

See your GP if you haven't been offered any treatment already because with meds and therapy this can be overcome.

Welcome to the forum Ian.

ian414
11-03-10, 18:54
Thank you for your reply it helps to understand what im going through as i said im suffering every day now and it really makes me ill, somtimes i cant sleep of a night with these funny feelings once again thank you Ian

jacqui03
11-03-10, 20:45
Hi Ian

I know how you feel I am suffering everyday with anxiety/panic attacks myself at the moment. Try to take heart from the normal ECGs the symptoms you have discribed are all classic anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon.

ian414
11-03-10, 21:40
Thanks for that i know its hard and i do suffer bad with then im even getting cold feelings up and down my body dont know if thats all to do with Anxitey to, why do we get these weird feelings nevber had them before, i just try and forget them but its not easy to as when they come you sit there and think what is this why is this happening, God i think the Doctor and Hospitals around here must be putting a bar up for me to dtop me going lol.....its so hrd when kust laying down then bang your heart will just start to race for no reason.
I do so wnt to gety over these feelings and i think in time i will with help, well i hope you feel good soon to x Ian

Maj
11-03-10, 21:48
Hello Ian,
I'm so sorry about your mum and dad. Losses like this can really shake our world.
The feelings you have are all anxiety symptoms and are suffered by many here, so please don't feel that you are alone. They feel so bad because you are afraid of them, but they can do you no real harm.
With time and acceptance you can learn to cope with these symptoms and keep them in the background, so please don't despair.
Have you seen your gp about them? Sometimes we need a wee crutch if we feel so bad and there is a lot your gp can do to help you through this until you feel stronger again.
Be reassured that you will turn a corner with this and won't always feel like you do now.
Myra:hugs:

Jannie2948
11-03-10, 22:00
Hi Ian, this sounds like classic symptoms of anxiety/panic, and the loss of loved ones can always trigger this off. I've suffered with them badly since late last year. I think I've had them in my life for a long time but they came to a head last year. Had a bad year, lost my younger brother to a brain disorder and my beautiful dog Phoebe. I suffered for a few months them they reached fever pitch about October/November last year. I was put on blood pressure tablets because that's what 2 Dr's in my practice thought it was but the tablets made me feel so ill, the 3rd Dr really understood me and put me on Citalopram and apart from the first few weeks where you feel worse, heightened anxiety etc., for the next three months I felt better but still had the odd bad day. Dr upped my dosage 3 weeks ago and have felt much better, still occasionally a blip but think that is just getting used to the increased dosage.

Maybe you should have a word with your Dr to see if you need anything to get you through this. To have panic/anxiety every day must feel terrible. There is help out there for you please try to speak to your Dr and see if you can get some help.

I do hope you will feel better soon, all the very best to you.

Jannie x x

ian414
12-03-10, 00:33
Thank you so much for that Jannie, yes it is hard for me and im also on the same tabs as you 10mg 1 a day also on Beta Blockers, i keep getting this weird feeling of cold tingerly feeling over my body it does worry me but they come and go so i dont think its anything to worry about, what ever feeling i get i worry my heart is the main one as it races like mad when having a panic attack, yes i also have Anxitey and that dosent help me, so when thinking about it why do we suffer why do we need these meds to help us when i know they came out the blue so why cant they go the same way? i know its not that easy because we are always worring when the next one will hit us, well hun thanks for your reply i hope to hear from anyone esle who suffers like me god Bless Ian xxx

jodo
12-03-10, 01:56
Hi Ian

I also suffer everyday with panic attacks and the anxiety feeling never goes away. Today I have another symptom which I am sure is all down to panic and stress, It started yesterday. and have panicked about what else it might be etc. but as it did start yesterday and I am still here I am telling myself that if it was anything different, then I probably wouldnt be able to write this reply.

what I find helps is to sip cold water and put my feet on the ground. it gives me another sensation ( the cold water going down my throat ) and helps calm me a little.
also putting my feet on the floor and reminded myself where I am.
I also have a pad and a pen handy in my bag and every sympton I get I jot it down, what that helps me with is realising that I have had it before and it went away.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I have always suffered with anxiety, but after a traumatic experience, and then miscarrying my baby along with alot of issues all around the same time. It hit real hard
i have ptsd and panic attacks along with depression.

I also dont sleep, and the anxiety seems heightened in the night time.

take care xx

ian414
12-03-10, 10:30
Thanks for your reply Jodo, yes its so hard to understand what people go through with Anxitey and panic Attacks, im always feeling my pulse dodnt know why but its become a habit with me, when i get up from laying down im always light headed and because i feel like that my heart will start to race i wouldnt say the heart goes mad but its fast, when i have a panic attack thats when its rally fast and thats when i feel im on my way out i can get up and walk with the panic attack but feel so weak on my legs that i think im going to fall, i sit down and i feel so ill, i get the shakes and it takes about 10 to 20 mins to pass, ive now got a cold that dosent help, i dont like these feelings i hte them i just so want my life back to the way it was, Ive had 14 ECGs a 24 hour tape and the doctor still tells me its Anxitey,,,,,,is this a bluff is it so true you can suffer so much with Anxitey and Panic? Well i hope you get better soon, if you ever would like to talk over the phone please call me and that goes to anyone as i feel taliking does help here is my number 0208 3111205 take care Ian

jodo
12-03-10, 13:23
Hi ian.

I too feel my heart all the time, which I hate. it makes me have to check if it is all ok.

Today i have been to the doctors because I thought my glands were up under my arm and throat. and I felt hazy and lightheaded so I thought I might have a virus.
Turns out where I have been so tense and fidgety with my hands. I have worked the muscles under my arms. and my throat is that way because I am under the weather, wher I have not been sleeping or eating properly.

what was a comfort I think?? is when I said to my GP "so there is nothing wrong with me" he said YES there is. I have ptsd, panic attacks and anxiety. and that is an illness.
In a strange way I felt a bit of comfort, by knowing that I wasnt just imagining everything, and that our minds infact rule our body, so if our mind isnt well it will tell our body the same.

It is hard to believe that so much can be caused by panic and anxiety, but I had a brief enlightenment today, If I am feeling all of these things then I am alive. seems strange but I think my sleep anxiety comes from the fact that I had bad nightbacks and flashbacks. so my body seems to go dizzy and want to stop me from sleeping. In a strange way maybe it is out body trying to protect us.

All of the symptoms have an explanation as to why they are happening. I have a page opened up constantly on my laptop so they are always at hand. it does help and calm me a bit when it strikes.

I used to think I was a rational person, but all my rational thoughts have gone out of the window. so I need things to remind me constantly so I dont go out of control.

I have been given 50mg sertraline today. I am dreading the side effects. I didnt do to well on citalapram. but I know that I need something. I have also been refered for councilling, which is something I never thought I would do.

Heres hoping for a brighter future